What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Pad not charging

abby221

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have taken the advice that was given here to try a different charger(neighor had 2 to try) because my I pad isn't charging. I got it for Christmas and it was bought at Best Buy. Do I take it back to Best Buy or can I take it to the Apple store and see if they can figure out the problem?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
If you have a warranty through best buy, they can look that up via the computer system. They can also look up recipts. If you bought it at best buy, taking it to an apple store wont help ya i dont think

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have taken the advice that was given here to try a different charger(neighor had 2 to try) because my I pad isn't charging. I got it for Christmas and it was bought at Best Buy. Do I take it back to Best Buy or can I take it to the Apple store and see if they can figure out the problem?

First, just a simple question - were the neighbor's chargers the 10W (i.e. 5V x 2A) ones that came w/ the iPad (or 5V chargers used w/ the iPhone or iPod Touch)?

Second, I'd try the site of purchase initially, i.e. Best Buy - not sure if you have a warranty w/ them? Good luck and please let us know what happens - :)

Last edited:

Kgiff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found that I needed to replace my charger when the cord became detached from the connection to the iPad. I used to just pull the cord and pop out the iPad connector. You might want to verify that the cord is still connected securely. Now I take out my replacement cable from the connector, not the cable.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I found that I needed to replace my charger when the cord became detached from the connection to the iPad. I used to just pull the cord and pop out the iPad connector. You might want to verify that the cord is still connected securely. Now I take out my replacement cable from the connector, not the cable.

That's definitely a better way to disconnect your cable from your ipad, versus pulling on the cable itself to remove the connector. Will probably save you money and also maintain the longevity of our device.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
abby221 said:
Do I need the receipt? I left it at work?

No, Apple offer a worldwide warranty on their iPads. They can trace its details through its serial number so you just have to take it in.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts