What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery not charging correctly

lynda07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I've had my iPad about 6 weeks now and have been charging via the supplied charger and the mains, no issue at all.

However, I came to charge it today (it was at 64%) and noticed after a few hours it was not increasing its charge. I unplugged etc and now, 7 hours later, it is still only on 68% charge?

Please can anyone help me with this issue? The small light on the charger is constantly red, stupid as it sounds I can't remember if this is "normal" as I am so used to just charging it up with no problems.

Any help very gratefully received before I take it back :(

Lynda

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The small light on the charger is constantly red, stupid as it sounds I can't remember if this is "normal" as I am so used to just charging it up with no problems.

Any help very gratefully received before I take it back :(

Lynda
First of all, welcome to the forum!

Now I am really bummed. I don't have any lights on the charger that came with my iPad :( Are you absolutely 100% sure you are using the white cube charger that came with your iPad???

One thing you might try is to unplug the docking cable and restarting your iPad (by holding down the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo comes on the screen then let it start up normally.)

ipad29.jpg

And I have to ask... when your iPad is plugged into the charger, do you see a little lightning bolt in the upper right corner?

ipad33.jpg

If you don't, then its not charging!

Last edited:
OP
L

lynda07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!

Thank you so much for replying, I feel such a fool - I was using the wrong charger, I went away for the weekend and must have put the wrong charger in my iPad when I got back. As you both point out, the iPad charger has no light!!

I am now up to 87% and counting. Thank you again as I am not technical minded at all and was at a loss :eek:

Lynda

Ozzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Charging while connected to PC

Hi All,
I don't seem to have a problem charging the Pad via the supplied charger, but it does not charge when connected to the PC (ie Itunes). The Ipod and Iphone charge whillst connected, is the iPad supposed to as well or am I being thick (careful how you answer that) !!:)

Ozzie.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad takes forever when hooked up to your pc,but it does charge. As to being thick I refuse to answer that question as I am not a doctor,

Al

Most reactions

Latest posts