What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I-pad and some specifics regarding PDF files

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a teacher and lecturer. I speak to as well as teach both large and small groups. However my work is all done pro bono. So, this will be a big investment for me considering my circumstances. In addition to my curriculum which I would like to teach from the device, I have literally several thousand PDF files that I would need to migrate to the I-pad if I buy it. So I have some serious questions or considerations.

1. Will I be able to make new folders or transfer present folders that contain (will contain) scores of PDF files?

2. How to transfer (copy) such a large number of PDF files to the I-pad?

3. Will I be able to search and find by name/title specific files with the PDF extension on on this device?

Any other help or suggestions from some of you who use the device to teach from would really be appreciated. I know this is a fairly large order, but perhaps some of you would be willing to give a little of your time to help an associate teacher. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jer (male component of the jerliz combo)

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jer,

You should use Dropbox. There are several good PDF apps for the iPad. Another great app is goodreader. You could load your PDF to dropbox and then open on the iPad. I know there are lots of students on the forum that should be able to help.
Good luck

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iAnotate and AJI server from your desktop

I am a teacher and lecturer. I speak to as well as teach both large and small groups. However my work is all done pro bono. So, this will be a big investment for me considering my circumstances. In addition to my curriculum which I would like to teach from the device, I have literally several thousand PDF files that I would need to migrate to the I-pad if I buy it. So I have some serious questions or considerations.

1. Will I be able to make new folders or transfer present folders that contain (will contain) scores of PDF files?

2. How to transfer (copy) such a large number of PDF files to the I-pad?

3. Will I be able to search and find by name/title specific files with the PDF extension on on this device?

Any other help or suggestions from some of you who use the device to teach from would really be appreciated. I know this is a fairly large order, but perhaps some of you would be willing to give a little of your time to help an associate teacher. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jer (male component of the jerliz combo)

1 and 3 = YES

2 iAnotate and AJI server from your desktop

The other fellow that commented had other suggestions I agree with.
I am a heavy user of PDFs.
Some PDF readers let you output the video to a big screen TV with Apple cable

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you want to make sub folders and have easy access to a Mac or PC, I strongly recommend GoodReader. I use mine for work. None of the other file transfer possibilities that I know of support sub folders. Goodreader is the best quality PDF viewer, and I tested five so far.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I second the use of GoodReader.
With the USB connection app the transfer of files is fast and easy, and it supports both search and file management.
I have also used it with a number of large PDF files with heavy photo/graphic content and found it handled them well.

Most reactions

Latest posts