What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need to run JDK in IPad 2! help-me

lgapontes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.
Today Im almost buying a tablet.
Im having doubts about buying the iPad 2 because I have a question:
Can I to run JDK EE or similar compiler java (with or without any IDE, eclipse, for example) in iPad 2?
I saw that you can run windows or linux remotely accessing a computer. So I could use Java on them.
But would I run a Win or Linux or JDK (only) on iPad 2, without the need to access a computer?

ps. do not want to replace my notebook, only to have ease of programming in transit (bus, plane, etc.)
ps2. simple java is not interesting. need to run Java EE with the full api...

thanks guys... bye

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No, you won't be able to run any sort of interpreter or compiler on the iPad itself, at least not without jailbreaking (similar to rooting on Android). I'm not certain that JDK or other compilers are available, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Note: The iPad 2 jailbreak is still waiting in the wings, though rumors suggest it won't be too much longer.

The iEdit app will let you write simple code (from a long list of languages and scripts) on the iPad and then run it on their remote server.

gfengstad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lgapontes said:
Hi.
Today Im almost buying a tablet.
Im having doubts about buying the iPad 2 because I have a question:
Can I to run JDK EE or similar compiler java (with or without any IDE, eclipse, for example) in iPad 2?
I saw that you can run windows or linux remotely accessing a computer. So I could use Java on them.
But would I run a Win or Linux or JDK (only) on iPad 2, without the need to access a computer?

ps. do not want to replace my notebook, only to have ease of programming in transit (bus, plane, etc.)
ps2. simple java is not interesting. need to run Java EE with the full api...

thanks guys... bye

This is not likely possible or very easy on the iPad or Android based tablets.

OP
L

lgapontes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet... thanks... i will read about iEdit... maybe that I meet so ...

gfengstad.... ok... :(

thanks guys.... see u

Most reactions

Latest posts