What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have been unable to download and install some applications on my iPad

Gabwaakev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:ipad-keyboard::ipad-keyboard:I have just upgraded to the new iOS 7.0.4 software on my iPad 3 and since then, some programs on the iPad demand to be updated but all attempts to do so keeps failing. I keep getting the message " Facebook could not be installed at this time" please what do I do to install these programmes on my iPad again? It's quite tiring and frustrating to me.
Gabriel

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
:ipad-keyboard::ipad-keyboard:I have just upgraded to the new iOS 7.0.4 software on my iPad 3 and since then, some programs on the iPad demand to be updated but all attempts to do so keeps failing. I keep getting the message " Facebook could not be installed at this time" please what do I do to install these programmes on my iPad again? It's quite tiring and frustrating to me. Gabriel
Hi, welcome to iPF!

This was an issue with the Facebook app, but should be fixed in the meantime. If you deleted the app, you should be able to reinstall it in App Store - Purchased.
With iOS 7, you also can install the app through Settings:

image-584747778.jpg

If other apps as well can't be updated, try this:
Reset your device: press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release both and let your device power up. (Resetting your iPad is recommended after a software update.)
Restart it: turn it off, wait for a while and turn it on again.
Make sure that time and date are right in Settings.
Look at iTunes Store: is there something downloading? This can be a reason why the apps can't be updated.
You have the possibility to update the apps in iTunes on a computer and then sync them to your iPad, if everything else doesn't help.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts