What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a question about mail

dyrelogan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hen I had the iPad 1 I had my email set up to where if I delete mail on the iPad mail would still be in my inbox on my pc. However, when I delete mail on my iPad 3 it also deletes on my pc. Is there any way to remedy this to where it stays in my inbox on my pc? I have already turned off mail on my iCloud account so it's not that. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

OP
dyrelogan

dyrelogan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I actually had to go to the apple store this evening and told them about the email and they suggested I use Other instead of hotmail or exchange and sure enough there is a setting under Other that says remove from server never. So I think that solved my question. :)

donaldf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Deleting on your iPad deletes the account. It is also in your pc, so you erase it all. Don"t erase on the pad and stick to the PC delete. That may work. Or put the messages in a folder to protect them

OP
dyrelogan

dyrelogan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your help, Donald. When the apple rep at the genius bar suggested I choose Other instead of choosing Hotmail or Exchange to make the account, it all came back to me and I kicked myself for not remembering my old settings on the iPad 1. There is an option under Advanced after you create your account that says Delete From Server and the drop down menu to the right shows three choices, one of them is Never. So now what I delete on the iPad only deletes on the iPad and stays in my inbox on the server. I just feel like a dolt for not remembering that that was how I set up my hotmail accounts back when I had the iPad 1. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts