What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a problem with my jailbroken iPad...

Aketuan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, so unfortunately I seem to have an issue with my iPad.

it was jailbroken it about 4 months ago, using redsnow on a mac. It is an iPad 1.

At the time, I wanted to jailbreak and the current version os iOS wasn't supported, and since my iPad hadn't been updated in months, I used the firmware version it was running, and went with a tethered jailbreak.

All was great, the jailbreak went ok, I learned how to re-boot it...ect

Then my Hard drive crashed. I lost my version of redsnow, and my ipsw file.

Now my iPad won't boot, and I have no idea what the firmware/ispw version was.

I know it was at least 4.0 and less than 4.3.3, but there are several versions in that realm.

I'm fine with any solution at this point, I just need it to work again.

Thank you for any advice/help,
-Kevin

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Download the latest redsn0w beta from this page - http://blog.iphone-dev.org/redsn0w-iOS5

The latest beta should help you out by identifying the necessary files for you. Tethered booting is all new and improved since the version you used.
Run redsn0w, switch to the "Extras" menu, and press "Just Boot". Let us know how you get on.

Most reactions

Latest posts