What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a IPad, but there is no operation system

Status
Not open for further replies.

liuchang9443

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I come from China, you know all of the ipads are made in China, I through one of my friend got a ipad just from a company directly, but!! The ipad just has hardware testing mode system, that means there is no Os system(or others) in it, now I just can use the iPad to test the ipad hardware, such as sound, screen, wifi... so now the question is how can I install a system in it, so that I can play it.. thanks alot..

sweet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only suggestion is to plug it into a computer and see if you can do an iTunes restore

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you do actually have an actual iPad with no software loaded, good luck figuring out how to get it on there. Apple sells them preloaded from the factory and they must be activated through itunes. Maybe some of the jailbreakers would have some images or something you could write to it?

OP
L

liuchang9443

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont think you have an iPad. Maybe something that looks like an iPad?
I am 100% sure, what I got is real iPad, not a Chinese, even if there are a lot around my life....

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
L

liuchang9443

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you do actually have an actual iPad with no software loaded, good luck figuring out how to get it on there. Apple sells them preloaded from the factory and they must be activated through itunes. Maybe some of the jailbreakers would have some images or something you could write to it?
I think my friend "took" the ipad from the factory before it being activated:D........so you mean I should ask help for jailbreakers?? how can I contact them?? Could you tell me please..

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe you should find out what would happen if you were discovered with a stolen iPad before going much further.

OP
L

liuchang9443

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe you should find out what would happen if you were discovered with a stolen iPad before going much further.

steal?!! I just said may be it was "taken" by my friend, to be honese, It could be a "stolen iPad", but there are still other possiblities, you know anyway steal a iPad from a line is not a easy thing, every worker is monitored by hundreds eyes and cameras.... and very iPad needs to be recorded. I know my friend, he is not the man who is like a thief...and for his salary he do not neccessary to steal a unactivated iPad..... So let's think the thing better...

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you know your friend why not ask him why it has no OS? Apple doesn't sell them or give them away like that.

There are many reports of a clone of the iPad in China. Those would not have an Apple OS on them.

Perhaps you should look into installing Linux on it.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download a new /ipsw from Apple which is ver 3.2. plug iPad into computer with iTunes, may have to put iPad into DFU mode, hold down Option while clicking on restore - browse to the downloaded ipsw file and the iPad will be loaded to factory defaults. Everything on the iPad as it is now will be wiped if you do this but you should end up with a clean OS install.

Just curious though that your from China and happen to have this iPad from a "friend" and the OS sounds as though its some test bed for an earlier OS or hardware test unit.

Last edited:
OP
L

liuchang9443

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you know your friend why not ask him why it has no OS? Apple doesn't sell them or give them away like that.

There are many reports of a clone of the iPad in China. Those would not have an Apple OS on them.

Perhaps you should look into installing Linux on it.

cool, I will ask him.. but even if so, I still can not use it...could you give me some advices about installing Linux or other system??

OP
L

liuchang9443

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download a new /ipsw from Apple which is ver 3.2. plug iPad into computer with iTunes, may have to put iPad into DFU mode, hold down Option while clicking on restore - browse to the downloaded ipsw file and the iPad will be loaded to factory defaults. Everything on the iPad as it is now will be wiped if you do this but you should end up with a clean OS install.

Just curious though that your from China and happen to have this iPad from a "friend" and the OS sounds as though its some test bed for an earlier OS or hardware test unit.

bed?? unit?? who knows?? haha..now after I plugging my iPad into a computer...the itunes do not even show a DEVICE option at left side...
If I still can not figure is out, I will return it to my friend, it is too complex..:confused:...
thank you and all of lovely american friends.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If what you have is a genuine iPad and your friend took it from the factory before the OS was loaded, it's stolen. Period.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If your friend legally obtained the ipad from the factory, give it back to him and ask him to take it back to the factory and have it loaded. I can guarantee you though, somewhere in the contract with the factory it says that iPads are not to leave the factory like that. It might not be criminally illegal, but it is at least a breach of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts