What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we ever expect shared file system in iOS?

IvanLasston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have fileapp pro
FileApp the iPhone & iPad File System
and zenviewer hd
Zen Viewer Overview | The ultimate file viewer and reader for iPad. Read, organize, store your documents, view photos, listen to music, watch videos and record audio.
Both provide a place to store files, and sync via wifi without iTunes.
Both have facilities to open in a different app. Saving back from the App - I don't think it works that well.
That is where Dropbox comes in. Most apps can save back and forth from Dropbox - and you can up your offline storage so that your most recent open documents are available locally - but it does work best with a network connection.

Conceptually I understand the desire for a central place to store documents, but it also leads to security issues when there is full open file access. That being said - I'd rather have full open file access so I jailbreak whenever I can.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The answer to this thread's question is no. Simply because you already have a home folder except that it works differently then how the Mac one does. Even if my suggestion would be done in future iOS releases then it will probably be more like some modified USB drive app.

Sent From my jailbroken interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

Most reactions