What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have 10gb of media in an app... that won't start anymore

Mahkoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live by the khanacademy. My school's curriculum is pitiful at best. So, I downloaded the khanacademy app, and downloaded all the videos I was interested in so I could see them offline if I brought my ipad to school. Unfortunately, after three months of flawless performance, the app doesn't start anymore. If I had only donwloaded 512 MB or at most 1 GB I would just reinstall the app... but I have 10 GB which I have no intention of redownloading, and I'm fairly sure reinstalling the app will make all of them magically disappear. So, can anyone help we with the following?
A) Fix the app without losing those 10 GB, or
B) Access the downloaded videos from the videos app that comes with ios, or
C) Be creative! Suggest your own solutions, because I don't know much about apple devices. I DO have access to a mac, but my laptop only has linux and windoze.

Thanks in advance for any help. Also, since this is my first post, can someone let me know how to mark the thread as solved?

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although I use an iPad 2, this may be incorporated to all touch-screen devices for Apple. Once I deleted an app, and I redownloaded it (i had the same problem as you) and after I redownloaded it, it was restored to the data it had before. As if it had never been deleted. Beware that this may not happen on your iPad 1, it's just me assuming.

OP
M

Mahkoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply! I'd rather not try it until I'm sure though... What version of ios do you have?

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply! I'd rather not try it until I'm sure though... What version of ios do you have?
I have the most recent, iOS 5.1.1
Although, last I tried it was iOS 5.0
Another thing, try checking iCloud on your computer, that has its restored data of all apps since the last time you put them on the computer. If you put the app were talking about now into deletion, you can still copy it back on.

OP
M

Mahkoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright. I'll try that when I get to the mac (it doesn't belong to me, but we share an apple id). Thanks for the help.

Most reactions

Latest posts