Considering an ipad pro but i have a few questions.

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by derekeh, Jun 19, 2016.

1. derekeh

derekeh
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Im considering buying an ipad pro 9.7" but first i have a few questions. I hardly ever use my pc anymore so i think i can completely replace my laptop with an ipad. Especially now that works website is tablet friendly.

Does an hdmi adapter work ok? I like watching netflix and being able to watch on the big screen is nice.

Can i view files (mostly music or videos) from an sd card or usb drive with an adapter? If i can do this then the 32 gb model will be plenty for me as i do not download many apps nor will i need to store photos on the ipad.

I like playing nes, snes and n64 games on my android tablet. All games that i own but dont want to take my old consoles on the road. Can i play these without jailbreak now?

Im not sure if i need the cellular version or not. I may be changing my phone plan to unlimited thst doesnt allow a mobile hotspot. With contiunity, can i use my iphone's (that i plan on purchasing this fall) internet connection without a hotspot?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

2. oberkc

oberkc
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    The ipad pro is no different than any other ipad regarding ability to read files from an sd card or usb drive. I suspect you will be disappointed in the very limited ability an ipad has to read files from such devices.

3. oberkc

oberkc
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Furthermore, the ipad can connect to a hot spot from a cell phone, but uf your plan does not allow for sharing of data, then the hotspot capability would likely be disabled.

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    In considering whether or not you need the cellular version, only the cellular version has built-in GPS, which can be used without a cellular data plan.
    If you need GPS capability, you'll have to get the cellular version.

Continuity works when the involved devices are on the same WiFi network. It's not a way to share an internet connection but is instead a way for multiple devices to connect with each other to share data. For example; a Pages document started on one device can be completed in another device.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List