What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can't get in to the forum showing the error message

Mahmud57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear All,
I can't get into the forum from my Ipad 2 (IOS 5) for last two hours, showing the error message 'Forum software plugin being outdated'
I think it is not because no notification for update was there. Please help. I am writing from Laptop.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having no problem accessing the forum either via apps or directly through the website. Have you used this laptop to access the forums before?

Edit: re-reading your post I think I misunderstood, it appears you can't access from your iPad, is this through an app, safari or another browser?

The Archangel

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Mahmud - I'm assuming that you mean you cannot access the forum using the iPF app on your iPad - correct? Are you able to use other Wi-Fi functions/apps (e.g. mail, web browsing, etc.) on the device? If so, then I would first close the offending app - open the multi-taskbar, hold your finger on the offending app, which should start to wiggle - press the x to close the program; return to home and re-open the app.

If that maneuver does not correct the issue, then restart your iPad, and if still not successful, resent your iPad - if none of this works, please post back - good luck!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello Mahmud - I'm assuming that you mean you cannot access the forum using the iPF app on your iPad - correct? Are you able to use other Wi-Fi functions/apps (e.g. mail, web browsing, etc.) on the device? If so, then I would first close the offending app - open the multi-taskbar, hold your finger on the offending app, which should start to wiggle - press the x to close the program; return to home and re-open the app.

If that maneuver does not correct the issue, then restart your iPad, and if still not successful, resent your iPad - if none of this works, please post back - good luck!

Ditto me with the same exact problem on my iPad, the iPF app. Did all that. Problem persists. I get parse errors in many places.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The app will go through another upgrade try deleating the app and down load again. We are aware of issues and our tech team will correct it. It takes time for any upgrades to be approved by Apple.

OP
Mahmud57

Mahmud57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes giradman, you are right. I can't access to the forum inside (I could log in) from ipf app. No problem for Browsing, mail, App store etc. closed all my open app. in background, Restart and even I reset (by pressing the power and home buton at a time till the apple logo comes) the Ipad but no result. Can get in some pages but not all like 'Subscribed' and Ipad 2 forum under Ipad discussions. I chaged to different network but no use. I can get access from my laptop without any problem. Is there any idea ?
Now I delete the ipf and install it again from App store but the same probems persist.

Last edited:

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ditto here. Nothing much we can do here except use what part of the app we CAN use without trouble and/or use the web site until a corrective update can be rolled out.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts