1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

I bought an iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Trinity111, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Trinity111

Trinity111 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looking for the best writing notes app:)
  2. matt_90036

matt_90036 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Best writing iPad app? Well it depends on what kind of writing you gonna be doing. If it invokes putting in lots of pictures, graphs, etc...then I would probably go with Pages. The downside of pages is no dropbox integration and a little bit of lag when you type. I tried quick office and while it has the same features as pages it also has dropbox integration and superior file system organization. The downside of quick office is that it lags even more than Pages to the point that you have to wait for the text to show up after you type. NOW if you just a quick note taking app then I would go with Notability, it is cheap, very responsive, it can also add in pictures and allows you to draw simple diagrams and best of all it does not lag. Good luck with your search.
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

http://help.apple.com/iwork/1.3/mobile/interface/index.html#tan724868a9

Tim