What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Book deletes??

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
This IPAD 2 is running 9.3.1, however the below problem began before that, as I recall.

Various items in IBooks have a little "cloud" download icon and those are the ones I can't delete. Downloading them still won't let me delete them.

I don't know when or how they turned into downloadable items but they are now!

Thanks! Any help appreciated.....Ken

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,
This IPAD 2 is running 9.3.1, however the below problem began before that, as I recall.

Various items in IBooks have a little "cloud" download icon and those are the ones I can't delete. Downloading them still won't let me delete them.

I don't know when or how they turned into downloadable items but they are now!

Thanks! Any help appreciated.....Ken
There's no way to delete those items with the cloud icon next to them. They're in your iBooks purchase history, which like your App Store and iTunes purchase history doesn't allow you to delete items.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you don't want to see your purchased (but not downloaded) books in the library view; tap the catagory list (top center) and turn on Hide iCloud Books. You can still see all your iBooks in the Purchased tab.

The books with a cloud next to them are not on the iPad. They are just a convinient (if you want them) way to see your entire library, and download books again if you want to read them.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you don't want to see your purchased (but not downloaded) books in the library view; tap the catagory list (top center) and turn on Hide iCloud Books. You can still see all your iBooks in the Purchased tab.

The books with a cloud next to them are not on the iPad. They are just a convinient (if you want them) way to see your entire library, and download books again if you want to read them.

Thanks for the tips but the ones I'm trying to delete weren't purchased, just IPAD user manuals I stuck in IBooks a long time ago but I'll do what you suggest. Thanks again for the quick response!! Ken.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Search for iPad User Guide in the iBooks Store. The ones by Apple are free, so no need to worry about whether you bought them before or not. These are the same manuals you would have downloaded as PDF files from Apple's website, except they are in the more searchable eBook format.

If you prefer the PDF versions, those can still be found on Apple's website.

Be sure to get the one for your current verison of iOS.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, once the guide is in your collection, you'll receive regular updates as new features and iOS versions are introduced.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also, once the guide is in your collection, you'll receive regular updates as new features and iOS versions are introduced.

Update.....while in I Tunes, backing up this 2011 IPAD again, I went to the books section and was able to delete what I wanted to, books, IPAD user guides, other downloads and so on. Sync should make IBooks match ITunes now.

Most reactions

Latest posts