What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am looking for a free app that will allow me to voice chat

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Natively on the iPad I have found a few like talkatone that work but it is ugly as it is only for iPhone any ideas

Also it does not have to be google talk but it does have to be supported by many platforms as possible not just the ipad

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
TheX

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
How is that going to work?

The iPad has a built in microphone

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TextFree with Voice! It's a free app. I got it when recommended by forum members so I could occasionally text my son who usually doesn't answer anything except texts which my phone doesn't have. How shocked was I when tapping around the app to learn how to use it I accidentally "rang" him up .....and he answered! There I was talking to my pad thinking "Is this real?" Which begs the ? Since my iPad is in my purse all the time why do I need a cell phone?

Mick the massai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Philia said:
TextFree with Voice! It's a free app. I got it when recommended by forum members so I could occasionally text my son who usually doesn't answer anything except texts which my phone doesn't have. How shocked was I when tapping around the app to learn how to use it I accidentally "rang" him up .....and he answered! There I was talking to my pad thinking "Is this real?" Which begs the ? Since my iPad is in my purse all the time why do I need a cell phone?

Hi. I am a new member and it was Your query that attracted me. I too would like to use the iPad to phone people but hav,net a cleu as to how to go about it. I looked up Textfree with Voice but could,t find it. Is there another name for the app.?

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just went on the Apple app store and typed it into search bar......there it was with an update too! Thanks for the ? It got me the update and now you know where to go. Namaste

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By the way, forwarding info given me by ipf super ku buds.....friends returning your texts or calls are charged minutes by their carriers if they do not have unlimited plans.

Mick the massai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Philia said:
I just went on the Apple app store and typed it into search bar......there it was with an update too! Thanks for the ? It got me the update and now you know where to go. Namaste

What is the name of the app ?. Sláinte.

Reaction score
Mick the massai said:
What is the name of the app ?. Sláinte.

Philia said:
Back read the thread dude, TextFree with voice.

It seems that Mick cannot find the Textfree app in the store, wherefore he asked for another name.

The core of this misunderstanding is, that some apps are only available in certain countries and Textfree with voice is one of them.

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
It seems that Mick cannot find the Textfree app in the store, wherefore he asked for another name.

The core of this misunderstanding is, that some apps are only available in certain countries and Textfree with voice is one of them.

Don'tunderstand...... Seems to think Mick is in another country and can't access the same apps. I private messaged Mick with some alternatives to getting apps like going directly to the creators web page. We'll see how he finds what he needs. It may be another app that uses the iPad mic to make voice calls. Anyone got a good one?

Most reactions

Latest posts