I am looking for a day planner app

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by unknowkun, Mar 25, 2012.

1. tiffy83

tiffy83
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I had the bamboo stylus it worked great for me until the nib split. I just got the this one in the mail and I like it for writing

http://www.spigen.com/review/product/list/id/168/

2. h1611161

h1611161
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I am sitting on the fence and waiting to see which turns out the best, so that I can get some more organizing to the things that I have to do...

Sent from my original iPad classic using iPF

3. jerseymaggie

jerseymaggie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I recently discovered Opus Domini. If you've used a Franklin Planner, this app reminds me so much of that system. I have been using it for a few days now and love it.

Maggie

4. j joy j

j joy j
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hi GT,

I have a couple stylus that I really like - iFaraday RxII and the AluPen. I've tried a few stylus and these seem to be the ones I carry around most. I also the Aponyo which isn't bad at all, that is my back up so I sits in my purse just in case my others are elsewhere...I guess lol.

The iFaraday and Aponyo are both the material tip and the AluPen is the rubber tip. I love the weight/feel of both of these and they seem to write great, don't my my hand tired. Of course there's a little learning curve, I think, with all stylus but these seemed to be more 'natural' to me.

Good luck in your search!

5. redguido

redguido
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Does "planner" work through the cloud? i.e. can you enter once and view on Mac or IPhone?

#15 redguido, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  6. MichaelSkis

MichaelSkis
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Can someone tell me more about Opus Domini? I have used a Franklin Planner for years and I have not found a single app that will address all my needs.
    The three parts of the Franklin Planner that I used the most was the Tasks, Calendar, and Notes features all on one day, and Compass & Goals info. I am one of those extreme type 1 personalities who’s binder falls apart because it gets used too much.

However, I would also integrate all my stuff into outlook every morning, which is synced with my Google Calendar so I can also view my wife’s schedule too. I was surprised at how much stuff can be put into outlook. Now that I have an iPad I am looking to toss the binder into trash and go paperless, but I won’t do that until there is the connectivity that I am looking for.
    Also, we are getting iPhones this fall and I want to make sure that everything can work together. I now see that Opus Domini will sync with iCloud which from the comments is a massive step forward if it worked correctly.

Has anyone used it as a total replacement from the Franklin Planner? How has it worked out for you? Does it do everything that the Franklin Planner did?

7. mobileapplover

mobileapplover
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    [FONT=&quot]Dude, I like business calendar. It has widgets and it can also sync to google if you want it to. It’s very customizable.[/FONT]

8. jerseymaggie

jerseymaggie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry, I didn't see this post til today. Enjoying the last couple of weeks before school starts for the kids.

I used to be a faithful Franklin user but it had fallen by the wayside as my current job doesn't require i use one, however, I have always felt totally organized using one so I was happy when I found Opus. It reminds me so much of the Franklin planner. I use this one quite frequently for my personal needs.

The app opens up to the task page with a calendar. The tasks are prioritized in a similar fashion to the Franklin pages. The page to the right is a notes page. The next tabs are Master Tasks, Compass, Goals, Mission and Contacts.

I too use the tasks and notes the most. I'm not crazy about the calendar (small on the task page), but I use a different app as my calendar and it syncs the info from that calendar onto Opus' calendar quite nicely. The Compass section does have a larger calendar but I still use my other app to add calendar items. I can see a heavy Franklin user finding this to be a suitable replacement for the traditional paper binder.

Hope that helps.

Maggie

9. jsburton

jsburton
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The "organizer hd" looks great....but is it a perpetual calendar or do you have to buy a new one every year? thanks.
    JSB

10. Bakistax

Bakistax
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    It is not exactly what you may be looking for but you can have a look at Beesy. It is an organizer with many features (in fact it's an all-in-one app for productivity) and adding a new task/appointment/meeting/etc. is really easy and fast. However it is not free. It costs $6 but you won't have to buy anything else after (actually there are some in-app purchase but I never find usefulness in them). Hope you'll like it!