1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

HTML-> edit -> PC?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by deejub, Jun 29, 2011.

1. deejub

deejub iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is a rather specific need, but I'd like to hear any ideas (as I would rather not have to buy two rather expensive apps before knowing if they will work).

I have to be able to view and edit my client files from my office PC, which I copy to Dropbox, that are in WordPerfect. (My profession requires use of WP forms; I can't use Word for these documents.) There is a WP Viewer from Corel that doesn't really view WP files, but rather converts them to HTML and then views them. That's the best (and only) option out there.

The dilemma is when I need to edit and send the edited files back to my PC. The files can be exported by the WP Viewer to any program that is registered with iOs for HTML files, Documents to Go reads HTML files (and I assume is registered for them), whereas QuickOffice is not.. but Docs To Go is getting some really bad reviews. Is there any means to (even with an intermediate program in play) get the HTML file to QO in any format it reads?

Also, can both DTG and QO save an edited file back to a different folder in Dropbox than that from which the file came?
  2. Wookiee2cu

Wookiee2cu iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    What about using something like Splashtop and just edit the files on your work computer? It's on sale right now. Sorry I'm not familiar with apps like Documents to Go and so on but thought this might be a cheap alternative.
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,030 / 1
    You can probably use Open In to copy files to GoodReader. You can both upload and download files from GoodReader using the Connect to Server feature. This is probably your most versatile way of moving files on and off of DropBox. It should be able to view the HTML files, but it will not edit them, at least I'm pretty sure it won't.