What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to use printer app?

htucker71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my iPad two weeks ago and love it, but for the life of me can't get it to recognize my printer! I bought an Epson Stylus NX420 because it has wi-fi for printing. I got three different apps (PrintJinni, something from Epson, etc) but my printer STILL isn't recognized--HELP! I've begun to use my iPad for work and really need to be able to print things out...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you trying to do ‘in-app’ printing - say from Apple’s Pages using AirPrint, Apple’s print facility built into iOS 4.2.1? If you’ve got the earlier iOS you’ll need to upgrade. Your printer, as you seem to know since you’ve bought some printing apps, is not supported directly by AirPrint. I have Print Central aka Print N Share and you need to make sure the printer app is running in the background under the iOS multi-tasking....

Let me know if you need more.....
Tim
Scotland

OP
H

htucker71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, Tim! I got the PrintCentral app and it worked--meaning it was user friendly enough for me :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great to hear - please, post any other problems, comments or observations and experiences you might have - we are all iPad enthusiasts here, so any comments that you have will be very welcome.....

Tim
Scotland

Still sunny here - now four days in a row, what is happening????

Jeanlupi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim, you sound like a very knowledgeable man, especially about the iPad. I want to be able to make and print Avery labels, but not just contacts, I want to add three lines of text ( no box ) and a sketch from my library. I have tried Labels, Abel's label and two other all with no success. I have tried contact the label and Abel's label app people, all with no response at all. Is there a way that I can use Avery labels that I not have to use contact info. As that is not my goal. You would be a genius if you could figure this out as so far no one else has. By the way I have a kodak printer upstairs and a Hewitt packard with wifi and efile and several print apps as well as being ble to use eprint. I have printed many things using both copy an paste as well as air print so that is not the issue. The closest I got was a Avery label 5160 which is three across and ten down, totaling thirty, but it would only print 21 labels and that was in landscape not portrait. I know this is long, but younsound like a man whom enjoys a good challenge. I use Avery label 5160 & 5163. I also have about every document program the app store offers from pages to Docs to go and docHd. Nothing seems to help and I am only naming a few, I feel like this is Turing into a money pit rather then the useful tool I thought it spud be. Also what do you thick of those apps that connect you to your pc, my windows laptop already has copies of all my labels in Microsoft word, if those connect apps actually work do think I would be better off. Well enough is enough, I look forward to your insight and expertise. Thank you for your time. Mama Lupi

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim, you sound like a very knowledgeable man, especially about the iPad. I want to be able to make and print Avery labels, but not just contacts, I want to add three lines of text ( no box ) and a sketch from my library. I have tried Labels, Abel's label and two other all with no success. I have tried contact the label and Abel's label app people, all with no response at all. Is there a way that I can use Avery labels that I not have to use contact info. As that is not my goal. You would be a genius if you could figure this out as so far no one else has. By the way I have a printer upstairs and a Hewitt packard with wifi and efile and several print apps as well as being ble to use eprint. I have printed many things using both copy an paste as well as air print so that is not the issue. The closest I got was a Avery label 5160 which is three across and ten down, totaling thirty, but it would only print 21 labels and that was in landscape not portrait. I know this is long, but younsound like a man whom enjoys a good challenge. I use Avery label 5160 & 5163. I also have about every document program the app store offers from pages to Docs to go and docHd. Nothing seems to help and I am only naming a few, I feel like this is Turing into a money pit rather then the useful tool I thought it spud be. Also what do you thick of those apps that connect you to your pc, my windows laptop already has copies of all my labels in Microsoft word, if those connect apps actually work do think I would be better off. Well enough is enough, I look forward to your insight and expertise. Thank you for your time. Mama Lupi

Sorry I'm so slow to get back to you on this. I'm curently stuck on a train on the West Coast of Scotland...just outside Inverness..3G here even!! I'll get back to you tomorrow (GMT!)

Tim
Scotland

Jeanlupi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Tim, I will be looking for it, as nobody or nothing has been able to help.

Most reactions

Latest posts