What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to turn off shutter sound when taking screen capture?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can this be done? Sometimes I get the sound when taking a screen capture, sometimes not. I can’t fathom why anyone would want it, but I sure would love to turn it off!

Thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No way to shut just the camera shutter sound off, but it will go silent with the other system/notification when you use Silent Mode.

You can also turn off the shutter sound in the camera app this way, or by turning on Live Photo. The second does not seem to affect screen capture, probably because you can’t make a Live Photo screen capture.

If you don’t see the bell icon in your Control Center, you can add it in Settings > Control Center.

Silent Mode does not affect music, and should not affect game and/or most app audio. Alerts, notification, and system sounds like key clicks will be silenced.

6AF5D46D-43AA-4C1C-A60A-A7CCC4251F28.jpg

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Very helpful and thank you...I’m gonna make good, regular use of that bell!

Most reactions

Latest posts