What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to search within a web page

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi
is there a way to search within a web page once it's loaded...like ctrl-f on a pc using mozilla?
thanks

gamal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Correction and solution

iOS 4 that will be released tomorrow is for iPhone only. iOS 4 for iPad will not be available until the fall. An easy solution is to download one of the many excellent browsers available at the App Store ( My absolute favorite is Atomic Web Browser ) and you will find "word search in current page" available from the search box. Hope this will help you.

Gamal

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
iOS 4 that will be released tomorrow is for iPhone only. iOS 4 for iPad will not be available until the fall. An easy solution is to download one of the many excellent browsers available at the App Store ( My absolute favorite is Atomic Web Browser ) and you will find "word search in current page" available from the search box. Hope this will help you.

Gamal

your right, ipad users will have to wait a little while longer for iOS 4.0 I keep forgetting since every other release has been for all devices at the same time.

Swecodelico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Word search in current page (Safari) - iOS 4.3.3

I have iOS 4.3.3 in my iPad 2. How do you word-search in the current page with Safari? I can't find the way

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iOS 4.3.3 in my iPad 2. How do you word-search in the current page with Safari? I can't find the way

You tap the Google (or whatever) search box and type in the term you're looking for. At the bottom of the list of items that Google pops up will be a section marked 'On this page' and any matches between the search term you've typed and the content of the web page will be highlighted. You can select that and it will take you to the first match. If there are others, they'll be a 'Next' and 'Previous' box at the bottom of the page too.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts