What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Save Battery Life on iOS 7 ( Complete Guide )

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,
this post goes for everyone who is having problems with the new iOS 7 battery life. I am suffering because the new iOS 7 is 'eating' my battery! :(
Here it is the link for the complete guide: How to Save Battery Life - iPhone W/ iOS 7 Complete Guide - Snapguide (step by step)

Sorry I couldn't post each photo here but I am a student and the university has started. (This guide is the best I've found so far).
Hope it works for all you. :)

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sadly that guide is 100% wrong on one item but the rest are pretty much the standard tweaks.

Turning off single application notifications will NOT save any battery life. iOS only keeps one connection open to monitor for ALL notifications. Which means if you have one on, you can have 1000 on and not use any more battery.

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I didn't see a huge battery drain after upgrading. The tips are great and I already see a slower drain after implementing most of the tips.

☮♥

OP
TheSagittarius

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sadly that guide is 100% wrong on one item but the rest are pretty much the standard tweaks. Turning off single application notifications will NOT save any battery life. iOS only keeps one connection open to monitor for ALL notifications. Which means if you have one on, you can have 1000 on and not use any more battery.

Do the tips step by step! And it will work buddy! That's all we can do at the moment with the iOS 7 ! Hoping Apple will release an update pretty soon!

Klevis, IT Engineering, Tirana, AL

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do the tips step by step! And it will work buddy! That's all we can do at the moment with the iOS 7 ! Hoping Apple will release an update pretty soon!

I am not saying the rest of the tips are bad but the notification tips is DEAD WRONG. That is a fact that can't be argues with.

OP
TheSagittarius

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am not saying the rest of the tips are bad but the notification tips is DEAD WRONG. That is a fact that can't be argues with.

It's your opinion buddy! You're free to tell whatever you think. I have found it useful and others too.
Cheers!

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's your opinion buddy! You're free to tell whatever you think. I have found it useful and others too.
Cheers!

This IS NOT AN OPINION.

If you have iMessage, FaceTime, Push email or even one single notification on then you can have 1000 on and it will make NO DIFFERENCE in battery life.

Please don't not spread a lie to make your article seem legit.

OP
TheSagittarius

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This IS NOT AN OPINION. If you have iMessage, FaceTime, Push email or even one single notification on then you can have 1000 on and it will make NO DIFFERENCE in battery life. Please don't not spread a lie to make your article seem legit.

Still it is your opinion. I can tell that you don't know much how iOS works! I am not trying to make my article legit because it is not my forum and I don't earn anything from google Adsense ( wish I could ). I'm just a user here !
You don't find it useful, OK! No need for capital letters to make you look more angry.
#smile :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This IS NOT AN OPINION.

If you have iMessage, FaceTime, Push email or even one single notification on then you can have 1000 on and it will make NO DIFFERENCE in battery life.

Please don't not spread a lie to make your article seem legit.

I'd have to agree - virtually all of those tips are the same as recommended in the past - so, nothing really new, just common sense - now, if the OP put together the original link, then there is certainly a conflict of interest - just saying - ;)

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Still it is your opinion. I can tell that you don't know much how iOS works! I am not trying to make my article legit because it is not my forum and I don't earn anything from google Adsense ( wish I could ). I'm just a user here !
You don't find it useful, OK! No need for capital letters to make you look more angry.
#smile :)

Facts are not opinions. So my statement can not be considered opinion. And since you don't understand how things work maybe you should now read the posts of people that do, instead of arguing with them.

OP
TheSagittarius

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Facts are not opinions. So my statement can not be considered opinion. And since you don't understand how things work maybe you should now read the posts of people that do, instead of arguing with them.

I really don't have time to waste with you! Good luck on your future comments & posts! :)

OP
TheSagittarius

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd have to agree - virtually all of those tips are the same as recommended in the past - so, nothing really new, just common sense - now, if the OP put together the original link, then there is certainly a conflict of interest - just saying - ;)

Sir,
You didn't have background app refresh or auto update in the past! - just saying. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts