What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to recover my SHSH blobs

Jet7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I think it's a good place to ask a question about jailbreaking.

I bought a ipad2 wifi + 3G one month ago and i jailbreak it by Cydia. But accidentally i updated to 4.3.4 and i didn't saved SHSH that means 3 weeks ago. I have read on your forum that when you jailbreak your ipad by Cydia you have one save automatically. But when i tried to recover my SHSH 4.3.3 by following one tutorial of TinyUmbrella, it tells me that Cydia couldn't find in their database my SHSH. So what's happened ???
Please i need some help, i know that i made a big mistake by updating my firmware but i hope you can help me to recover my SHSH in 4.3.3.

Thanks in advance

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this is how you go about this. (Leigh will come correct me if I am wrong)

In TU, click on the advanced tab. Make sure "set hosts to Curia on exit" is checked.
Close TU. Reboot.

Open iTunes, and try to downgrade using a shift-restore selecting the 4.3.3 software.

If it doesn't work, then Curia doesn't have your blobs. I don't quite remember when apple stopped signing 4.3.3 but I think 3 weeks ago was after they stopped.

OP
J

Jet7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks graywolf for your help,

But I have tried and I have Error 20, 1600 or 3194 ? Why they said in a tuto that Cydia keep a save of your SHSH ?

I think I'll be patient and wait for a jailbreak on 4.3.4 if there is one day a jailbreak with this firmware or on ios 5. I hope...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Follow this tutorial exactly as written and you will retrieve all your blobs...

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

Make sure you do it EXACTLY. Every setting and button press is important.

Once you have them, you can start the TSS Server in TU and restore any version of IOS for which you have saved blobs. There are more tutorials on that in the same section as the one above.

Hope that helps.

OP
J

Jet7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did exactly what you write f4780y.

My ipad 2 is on firmware 4.3.4 after update it. But i can see in the pannel in the middle in TinyUmbrella after saved my SHSH this :
- Ipad23G 4.3.5 (8L1)
- Ipad23G 5.0.b1 (9A5220p)
- Ipad23G 5.0.b2 (9A5248d)
- Ipad23G 5.0.b3 (9A5259f)

What's wrong with my SHSH ? I can admit i didn't saved my firmware on 4.3.3 but i'm in 4.3.4, normally it must had. But it can only start from 4.3.5 to 5.0.b3 ??

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with your SHSH blobs. The problem is that you didn't save them while Apple was signing them. So, you only got the ones that are available today.

Apple pretty much stopped signing iOS 4.3.3 around the middle of July (when they released 4.3.4). So, if you jail broke after that time, the opportunity to save 4.3.3 blobs was gone. The same goes for iOS 4.3.4. If you jail broke after Apple stopped signing the firmware, there was nothing for Cydia to save.

Remember, SHSH blobs and currently installed firmware are two entirely separate things. You can always save any SHSH blobs for any firmware, even if you are not running it on your iPad - but only if Apple is signing it. That's why you can be running iOS 4.3.4, yet only have blobs for 4.3.5.

Not much comfort (in that you don't have iOS 4.3.3 blobs - so you can't re-jail break your iPad2) - but I hope this clears up the confusion.

Marilyn

OP
J

Jet7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Mickey330 for your response.

I think I have to be patient, that's all (IOS 5, may be)... My god, why I updated without saving my SHSH, pfff... !!!

Thanks for all to try to help me !

Most reactions

Latest posts