Previously we showed you how to Jailbreak an Apple device running iOS 8, iOS 8.0.1, iOS 8.0.2, or iOS 8.1 using the Pangu Jailbreak tool. Unfortunately, Cydia's Substrate was late to the game had to be kept out of the tool, so the popular Jailbreak marketplace never showed up after the Jailbreak. In this guide, we will show you how to manually install Cydia on Jailbroken iOS 8.x.
*INTRO SOUND WARNING (Turn down your speakers in the beginning, SORRY!)*
What you will need:
Download Cydia .deb files here: MEGA
Download CyberDuck (or any FTP program): Cyberduck Libre FTP SFTP WebDAV S3 OpenStack Swift browser for Mac and Windows
How to install Cydia manually:
1. Open up the Pangu app on your iOS Homscreen, here you will see something called OpenSSH, tap on it, and hit "Install" in the top right corner.
2. After OpenSSH is installed, head on over to the Settings app (make sure you're connected to the same WiFi/network as your computer), go into WiFi settings, and tap the "i" icon on your connected WiFi network.
3. Here you will see your IP address for your device, open up CyberDuck, click on New Connection, click on the drop down menu and select SFTP.
4. Under server type in your WiFi address, for the user name "root", and the password is "alpine", accept and prompts that pop up.
5. Now copy the two Cydia files into the first "root" folder that shows up on your screen, accept the transfer.
6. At the top of you computer screen, drop down "Go" and click "Send Command".
7. Copy and Paste this command (without quotes): "dpkg --install cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb cydia_1.1.13_iphoneos-arm.deb" and hit SEND.
8. After wards open up Send Command again, type in "reboot", your iOS device should reboot and Cydia will show up on the Homescreen. Opening up Cydia will start preparing the file system, which usually takes 4-5 minutes followed by a reboot.
9. You are now free to use Cydia Jailbroken on iOS 8!