What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to import photos fromlaptop into ipad 4?

scott99lee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new and hopefully I can find help here. I have a new iPad 4 but my really old iPod is on my laptop. I hesitate to connect the ipad to my existing itunes. How to I bring photos in from my laptop (photoshop) to the ipad?
Thanks!
scott

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm new and hopefully I can find help here. I have a new iPad 4 but my really old iPod is on my laptop. I hesitate to connect the ipad to my existing itunes. How to I bring photos in from my laptop (photoshop) to the ipad?
Thanks!
scott
To sync photos from your laptop to iPad, first connect your iPad to your laptop using the USB syncing cable. Then open up iTunes on your laptop and select your iPad from the "Devices" section. A summary of your iPad should open up in the main window. Select the "Photos" button and then check the "Sync photos from..." box. Once you select the "Choose Photo" option in the drop-down menu, you can then select which picture album you want to transfer onto your iPad. Finally, click "Apply" and you will have your photos on your iPad.
Regards, Andrew

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Post from OB describes the process very well...........

I guess I don't understand a few of your comments:
What does your iPod have to do with your iPad?
Why do you hesitate to connect iPad to existing iTunes?

OP
S

scott99lee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
The Post from OB describes the process very well...........

I guess I don't understand a few of your comments:
What does your iPod have to do with your iPad?
Why do you hesitate to connect iPad to existing iTunes?

I guess I don't really want my thousands of songs on both.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scott99lee said:
I guess I don't really want my thousands of songs on both.

You can have total control over what is synced to each iDevice. It knows which device you have plugged in and syncs according to the settings you have made.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can have total control over what is synced to each iDevice. It knows which device you have plugged in and syncs according to the settings you have made.

Exactly.
You can pick and choose playlists, songs, etc you wish to synch.

Capri142

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same concerns about itunes loading all of my songs but no worries you get to designate what is loaded to the ipad....so i loaded the best sons and pictures.

OP
S

scott99lee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:

Thanks!

Ukjules

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
To sync photos from your laptop to iPad, first connect your iPad to your laptop using the USB syncing cable. Then open up iTunes on your laptop and select your iPad from the "Devices" section. A summary of your iPad should open up in the main window. Select the "Photos" button and then check the "Sync photos from..." box. Once you select the "Choose Photo" option in the drop-down menu, you can then select which picture album you want to transfer onto your iPad. Finally, click "Apply" and you will have your photos on your iPad.
Regards, Andrew

Hi Andrew, I'm struggling with this.
I have an ipad 3 and an up to date iTunes but I see no reference to photo when I plug in the iPad. Any ideas what steps I'm missing.

Thanks Julian

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an ipad 3 and an up to date iTunes but I see no reference to photo when I plug in the iPad. Any ideas what steps I'm missing.

Thanks Julian

I'm puzzled why you don't see "Photos" after you click "Devices" (on your laptop or PC) and then select your iPad from that. There should be a "Photos" button up top when the iPad window is opened up on your PC or laptop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks Julian

Hi Julian, I came back on this because I did not have access to my PC before and was working on memory, so may not have made things too clear; my apologies.
These pictures may help:
When you connect the sync cable to your laptop, you should get this top row, and click on iPad.
y7arenap.jpg

That should open this page so click on Photos up top
2y3ehegu.jpg

You should then get this page, which gives you choices of what to sync and in which direction
syse3adu.jpg

Hope you got on alright with this. Let us know.
Regards, Andrew
EDIT: I realize we are both the proud owners of the iPad3:D posting on the iPad4 forum. I don't think the iPad4 has changed re my comments but the mods may deem our posts worthy of transfer

Last edited:

Ukjules

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew, I have resolved it with the help of a friend's version of iTunes.

On my version the area you highlighted did not have photos. One of the upgrades of iTunes had hidden the side bar, I had assumed it was the new design. When I selected the iPad from the top right there was no photos option, but I changed the view to include the sidebar and selected the iPad from the devices section in the sidebar and the photos choice was there. I have also found that now I have the missing photos menu on the original view where I couldn't find it before.

Thank you for your very helpful screenshots. As this was an iTunes view problem I suppose it's relevant to any device.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew, I have resolved it with the help of a friend's version of iTunes.

On my version the area you highlighted did not have photos. One of the upgrades of iTunes had hidden the side bar, I had assumed it was the new design. When I selected the iPad from the top right there was no photos option, but I changed the view to include the sidebar and selected the iPad from the devices section in the sidebar and the photos choice was there. I have also found that now I have the missing photos menu on the original view where I couldn't find it before.

Thank you for your very helpful screenshots. As this was an iTunes view problem I suppose it's relevant to any device.

Glad that you chased down that elusive Photos option. Have a merry Christmas and great iPadding in the NewYear!

Most reactions

Latest posts