What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad to connect new iPad into old pc?

lightbearer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's going on guys, I just got a new iPad 4, it's my first time owning an iPad, and I'm afraid to connect it into my 5year old Toshiba laptop which may be dirty (viruses) since its running like **** and I havnt used an antivirus in years.

I'm aware that these things rarely get viruses but I know they're not bulletproof so that's what brings me to ask this question.

On another note, I'm looking for a good folio type case, I have a incipio kickstand, it's alright but I'm wanting something different. Anyone have a portenzo?

MapleNuts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered one. Nearly $200 but gorgeous.

Regarding your old infected laptop, either get some good virus software, but personally if it is that far gone, I would wipe the laptop clean, by reformatting and reinstallation of the entire OS and install anti virus going forward. IOS can still get viruses as they they are quickly becoming the device of choice.

Last edited:

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Get some virus software and malware software. For malware specific stuff here at work, we use MalwareBytes.

The iPad itself cannot get PC viruses. It just can't. Completely different operating systems. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.

OP
L

lightbearer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty short on cash right now so can't afford the anti-virus for my laptop, I was just worried that transferring files from the iTunes on laptop could harm the apple. Thanks for the replies

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
I'm pretty short on cash right now so can't afford the anti-virus for my laptop, I was just worried that transferring files from the iTunes on laptop could harm the apple. Thanks for the replies

There are good ones that are free. AVG Free is excellent and will do what you need it to do. I have it installed on both my parents' PCs and they have been virus free for over 2 years now, which is a miracle.

OP
L

lightbearer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are good ones that are free. AVG Free is excellent and will do what you need it to do. I have it installed on both my parents' PCs and they have been virus free for over 2 years now, which is a miracle.

All of the free ones I've come across just scan for viruses, but you have to upgrade and pay to actually get rid of the virus. Does AVG FREE remove viruses or just identify them?

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
AVG will remove them. It is a nice piece of software, and its footprint while running in the background is tiny (especially when compared to the likes of Symantec or McAfee)

OP
L

lightbearer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im giving it a try, it says I only had 1 threat on my computer which it removed. I got a free optimization also hope it speed this thing up. Thanks

Last edited:
OP
L

lightbearer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
**** I have a problem after clicking ok to a prompt while running AVG scan, I clicked something about sharing access, and now I'm getting this error in iTunes, "The iTunes Library file cannot bro saved. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation"

I don't know how to fix this. I Googled it and seen a message board answer the name question but it dint help me.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
HA!!! I've been connecting my new iPad to my old 2004 Dellasaurus since 2011 up until the Dell no longer wants to download any new versions lol.

It will be fine, too funny!!!

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64FB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts