What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to get out of recovery mode

willisfang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I accidentally got my ipad into recovery mode (3.2.2). And now I am stuck with it. Anybody has experience how to get out of there without recover from itunes?

thanks a million.

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[I take no responsibilities here,just giving the proven method to get ipad out of recovery mode. Please answer the question honestly and follow the actions stated depending on your answer]

Don't panic because you got yourself into some super serious trouble.
First answer the following questions before proceeding anywhere:

Q) Were you restoring/updating/jailbreaking and the update/restore/jailbreak was in progress and then somehow got disrupted and left ipad in recovery mode? [You know if the update/restore/jailbreak was in progress if you have seen the apple logo with a white bar filling up just below the white apple.]

If

Answer: Yes!
Action to take: Sorry mate,you gotta restore or update now,no escape else your ipad goes to apple support center

Else

A: No! Just went to recovery mode and nothing else dude!
Action to take:Then follow on to the procedures.Read carefully and follow the steps in order else you are going to be in HUGE BIG UGLY TROUBLE.

Here are the steps:
-download "umbrella/tinyumbrella" from here If you are on macosx click the "TinyUmbrella [OSX]" in the right handside of that website,but if you are in windows then hit "TinyUmbrella [WIN]" and wait for it to download.

-launch the downloaded umbrella/tinyumbrella(P.S: You need java runtime lib installed,you probably have this. If not then head over to here and download and install a copy,this is applicable for windows only)

-It'll now detect your ipad and popup a message saying "an ipad in recovery mode is detected" or similar ,hit "Ok"

- Just hit "Kick the device out of recovery"

- Your ipad will immediately reboot back to operating state(if you were honest) or burst into million pieces(if you were dishonest in answering the question)

- Now what do we do in this step? Check your ipad to see if its showing the "slide to unlock" screen,if so then go outside and donate some poor guy some dollar(optional:I am not the one who decide about your money,but its a good way to share the good feelings)

Thats it. Now the pressure is over.

Thanks

Last edited:

Most reactions