What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete photos

ditchdoc666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just joined and love the help so far,have a question,Just got ipad 2 and transferred some pics from my computer to ipad using itunes but it loaded the whole file of pics and it want let me delete the ones i dont want on ipad,how do I do this,thanks for the great site and help

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Photos on your computer that are synced to your iPad via iTunes cannot be removed from the iPad - sorry. What is needed is to return to iTunes w/ your iPad cabled and the 'Photos' panel selected which will show your image folders (see attached pic from my iTunes) - you will need to 'uncheck' the folders that were previously put onto your iPad & then re-sync - this should remove all from your iPad; of course, you could also just uncheck those images you no longer want on the iDevice.

I suspect that you have Sync & All folders checked (left upper corner of pic) - as you can see, I have just have 'Selected Folders' checked w/ just a few marked - there is also an 'iPad Folder' in which I put the images I really want on my iPad; so there are many ways this iTunes photo sync function can be manipulated.

NOW, if you find this annoying (and many do!), there are plenty of other ways to get photos onto the iPad, e.g. via email, Dropbox, apps, and Wi-Fi devices just to mention a few - let me just give you 2 examples that I've used: 1) PhotoSync and 2) AirStash - click on either name if you want more information. Good luck - Dave

Screen Shot 2013-12-30 at 11.11.21 AM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts