1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How to delete photo albums

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by Jdecha4329, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Jdecha4329

Jdecha4329 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I no longer have access to the computer that I orginally used to put some photos on to my ipad1. I would like to get rid of some of the old albums but I can not delete them or individual photos from the ipad. Many of the photos have duplicate copies. The delete button will just not highlight. Anyone know of a solution?
  2. Gtatler

Gtatler iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    If you have access to another PC with iTunes then synch, delete pictures/directories not needed in my pictures on the PC, (assuming the synch settings are set to this), then re-synch. It should then delete them from the iPad.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630 / 0
    Although you should probably let the OP know that setting up a new PC Sync partnership is far more complex than this. They will need to take care that they do not lose all of the content and settings on their device, as syncing with a new PC is not a trivial change. Care and planning are key, to ensure apps, data, music, videos, etc. are not lost!

I'm no expert on setting up new sync partnerships, but I think it needs a bit more thought that the way you describe ;)
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013