What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete chat and history on skype for Ipad2

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To delete old chats on the left panel, you hit Edit and then delete.

To delete stuff from the History on the left panel, you slide your finger across the item, then the word Clear appears, so you click on Clear to delete.

You also can clear history by clicking on History, which brings up the Edit button on the upper-right. Hit Edit and it will let you delete items as you choose.

simonpowell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how do i delete songs as i cant downloaded anything as it says i dont have enough memory

aihna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Open the history tab, locate the name which u what to delete chat with. Press and sweep your finger to right while still touching the screen. A red sign appears with the word "Clear". Touch it and chat will be sent to history tab. If u want to delete it permanently, touch the History tab, go to the right upper corner and press edit. Then select the chat you want to delete. That is all what it takes on Skype iPad edition :) Hope this helps...

firemanprice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow I learn something new everyday, I was wondering how to clear the history and now thanks to you guys I know. Thanks ladies and gents, hope all of you have a great weekend.

Last edited:

Nuria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you! Very clear explanation and very helpful! Have a great
Sunday!

marianna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't work for me! I did exactly that, but once you go back to the contact, the chat is keep coming back...... I do all these but if I click on a contact eg chat, the load chat appears again.!!!!!

Last edited:

milliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
marianna said:
It doesn't work for me! I did exactly that, but once you go back to the contact, the chat is keep coming back...... I do all these but if I click on a contact eg chat, the load chat appears again.!!!!!

I have the same problem. History keeps coming back. Now I removed Skype from my Ipad.

milliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had thecsame problem as Marianna, chat history kept coming back all the time. I finally removed skype because of this problem.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The history tab is on the left hand side with your iPad in landscape.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can find it but can't delete the history try these steps :-
Do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar along the bottom. It will show all the apps that you have opened at one time or another. Long press one of these apps until they start to jiggle and red minus signs will appear above them all. Press all the minus signs, this will close them, not delete them. It's a good idea to do this regularly just to keep them all running smoothly, I do mine every night. Check and see if it is operating now. if not a restart is in order.

Restart: Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will start again. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running smoothly. Now see if it is operating. If not a reset is the next step.

Reset: Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. This is a reset.

When your iPad begins to behave strangely these are the first steps you should do to rectify it. Let us know how you go, good luck!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

blueyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi have tried all the above steps and my history still keeps coming back when I go back into Skype, is there a solution to this problem? Please help..thank you :)

Most reactions

Latest posts