What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete an app update ?

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I judt received an update on my iPad that says "update are only available for iPhone".
Consequently I don't want to update it on my iPad. So how do I delete it from my iPad update screen.
Thanks for your coperation.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Andy Loba said:
I judt received an update on my iPad that says "update are only available for iPhone".
Consequently I don't want to update it on my iPad. So how do I delete it from my iPad update screen.
Thanks for your coperation.

I don't believe you can. You could delete the app and then reinstall it though, that should get rid of it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
I don't believe you can. You could delete the app and then reinstall it though, that should get rid of it.

Wouldn't that install the latest, updated version of the app available? In this case updating it which the op doesn't want to do.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
beavery said:
Wouldn't that install the latest, updated version of the app available? In this case updating it which the op doesn't want to do.

Yes you are most probably correct, I was assuming it was a universal app and that the change would only happen to an iPhone. I have universal apps and have never seen this type of update before though.

Most reactions

Latest posts