1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

App Store updates?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Docvan, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Docvan

Docvan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What's the skinny on app store updates from the iPad experts? Whenever I see the app store icon indicating updates for apps I currently have, I've picked Update All. But what if I see an update for an App I have on my iPad that indicates its for the iPhone app and since I don't have an iPhone why should I update? I don't want to go thru the rest of my iPad life with the app store permanently showing app updates I don't want, so is there a way to decline updates, and should I?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 0
    A lot of the time, an app is universal, which means that it is designed for both the iPad and the iPhone. So, any updates to the app will necessitate an update across the board - even if the changes are only to affect the phone.

In other words, you should update all apps when they are available - else you will continually see the red badge on your App Store icon. And, you cant NOT update an app; if it's on your iPad and needs an update, you will need to update it. The only way to avoid this is to delete the app from your iPad.

Sorry to not be of better help. :)

Marilyn
  3. Docvan

Docvan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not at all, thanks for the feedback!