What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much shocks can this iPad stand.....

cshmech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I might be freaking out unnecessarily... But guess I'm so very concerned.. I am bothered when I keep my iPad on some hard surface.. I'm sure it's subjected to some shock when I do it. I might convince myself saying that "Since apple has designed smart covers leaving the back side exposed, it might be alright." But I wana hear the word from you guys. Has anyone had concerns about this?
Thanks

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not a single

solitary concern here. You may just have too much free time on your hands if you are devoting any of it at all to this concern.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
cshmech said:
Well, I might be freaking out unnecessarily... But guess I'm so very concerned.. I am bothered when I keep my iPad on some hard surface.. I'm sure it's subjected to some shock when I do it. I might convince myself saying that "Since apple has designed smart covers leaving the back side exposed, it might be alright." But I wana hear the word from you guys. Has anyone had concerns about this?
Thanks

nope, no moving parts in the iPad, so nothing to break, other than the screen and the casing

oh, and your heart :)

Last edited:

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nope, no moving parts in the iPad, so nothing to break, other than the screen and the casing

oh, and your heart :)

Exactly. Solid state drives mean that you don't have to worry about wear and tear on moving components.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I might be freaking out unnecessarily...
You are. ;) As others have said, there are no issues with respect to "shock" unless it's from being dropped a great distance. If you're planning on doing that a SquareTrade warranty is probably in order.

Exactly. Solid state drives mean that you don't have to worry about wear and tear on moving components.
FWIW iPads employ flash memory for storage but do not have an SSD like those found in in a laptop, a new Macbook Air for example. The flash memory cells are soldered to the logic board. But then that's probably what you meant and you already knew that. :)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

Kin Lau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropped my iPad off my desk the other day - after restarting my heart, it was fine, it landed flat on the exposed screen on a wood floor.

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FWIW iPads employ flash memory for storage but do not have an SSD like those found in in a laptop, a new Macbook Air for example. The flash memory cells are soldered to the logic board. But then that's probably what you meant and you already knew that. :)

Same difference... ;)

Kidding! You figured out that we're on the same page and clarified it for the layman, thanks!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Same difference... ;)

Kidding! You figured out that we're on the same page and clarified it for the layman, thanks!
Yep...armed with that tidbit I figured someone would come along and say "Hey, can I replace the SSD in my iPad?" so I thought it best to stop them in their proverbial tracks. :D

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have dropped my iPad at least 100 times, maybe more. It's fallen off my bed at night countless times. I have a rug on top of a concrete floor in my living room and have knocked it off it's stand, had the stand fall on top of it. About the only thing I haven't done is thrown it like a frisbee.

I had this one time late at night when I was trying real hard to read something in the forum and I kept dozing. Dropped it 10 times (I counted) in a row.

This thing is better then a Timex. :)

I do have a silicone cover on it. That's all.

Most reactions

Latest posts