What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many AppStore updates do you have pending?

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have 75!

Brb, while I do some updating :)

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only 1 currently. But this is after I updated 5 apps during the last week which I had to update again (due to slight changes) last weekend.

I'd love to have a "Don't update now and get notification for later updates" button.
Meaning, I'd love to opt out of an update if I deem it not important but get information as soon as a newer update is out.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd love to have a "Don't update now and get notification for later updates" button.
Updates are not automatic. All you get is a notification that an update is available. You decide from the description whether or not you "deem it important". Either way, you still have to perform the update yourself.

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do y'all get so many?? I have 86 apps, and each time I check I only have one or two...

Sam707

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got like 23. I had 58 one time due to me being lazy. They were all updates on bug fixes:rolleyes:

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updates are not automatic. All you get is a notification that an update is available. You decide from the description whether or not you "deem it important". Either way, you still have to perform the update yourself.

Right, I don't have to. But if I don't and a newer update for an app is available, I'll only know if I check the app version itself rather than being able to see it by checking how many new updates are available in the notification.

It's nothing that really bothers me. Just something I'd like to see. This way I could just say "don't update now" and would have a new notification as soon as a newer update is out.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. Guess I'm too often at the App Store, because I only get updates by onsies and twosies. Oh, and I always update because (1) seems like the thing to do and (2) that red badge on the icon bothers me.

Hmmm. Maybe I'm an app addict!

Marilyn

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rarely any. I have fewer than 20 apps. There was a spate of updates right after 4.2 came out to add multi-tasking support, not much since.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
None. Why would you have them pending and not just update them?
Because if you change your email and update your iTunes account but not your AT&T account information and it locks you out and prevents you from updating....

OUCH!

Sorry Marie... too soon???

Most reactions

Latest posts