How has your iPad changed the way you use your other devices?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by SallySparrow, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Itzxdjx

Itzxdjx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I use my iPad exclusively at home! I use my iPhone for random games when I'm board out in about sometimes it more suitable to use the iPhone out and about for games. When I'm home it's iPad all the way I love that the newly updated apps for iPhone look great on the iPad before it would look to grainy! I use my other phonenmy nexus one for gps nothing beats googles free turn by turn on google maps! Desktop sync only. Maybe when I'm back in school I'll use it more.

can't wait of ios4 for iPad!

2. King Hal

King Hal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I use my Macbook Pro far less and the battery life of my iPhone has increased substantially.

3. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    My iPad is making a big change in what I can do. I did not take my laptop around because it was bulky and I was often in areas where there is no wifi. My work computer does not allow me to check my home email, and it would be frustrating to be at some relative for a night or two without access. I could use my laptop and read with the Kindle app, or watch videos. Now I am able to use this even in the carwash, or waiting in line at the drive through.

4. crawdad62

crawdad62
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I don't use my iPhone as much. I used to have the phone laying on the coffee table while I was watching TV so I could check IMDB or something. Now the iPad is there and much easier.

On a side note I was looking through a magazine the other day and there was an ad that had a video type window with the play arrow in the middle of it and I tapped the magazine page so the video would start playing. :eek:

5. pallentx

pallentx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I don't use my windows mobile phone any more. I now have a basic phone with no data service. Its for talking to people only. It was a really good phone, but the screen size was frustrating. I do miss having a 5MP camera connected to the internet with me at all times. Come on Apple - give us a camera!

I also find that I don't use my home desktop for web surfing much now. I still use it for other things (games, excel, powerpoint, pages with flash, etc) but that usage is pretty minimal.

6. pallentx

pallentx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    haha - I pulled up my tabletPC/laptop that I use for iTunes to sync to the iPad and tapped the screen a couple of times with my finger instead of the pen.

7. Flinthills

Flinthills
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The biggest difference is that a recliner is better than a computer chair.