What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Do You Turn Slide Show OFF?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All right - I give up. I turned Slide Show on and now I don't know how to turn it OFF.

Help!

If you mean activating the slide show without opening the iPAD , just by touching that little flower down there.
You can still open the iPAD with the slider, and shut what ever you want.

That slide show is a nice feature where you put the iPAD on a table as a picture frame with an on going slide show.

OP
P

pdmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, no, folks - listen up. I know how to access and view photos. I know how to ACTIVATE slide show.

Thje problem is: I have activated slide show and now I want to turn it OFF. I can't find out how to turn it OFF.

How do I do that?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well.
I tried to figure out how come you still have a slideshow running after opening up you iPAD.
Sorry to say. Can't
Mine stops immediately.
I assume that there still is some misunderstanding - at least from my side.

OP
P

pdmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well.
I tried to figure out how come you still have a slideshow running after opening up you iPAD.
Sorry to say. Can't
Mine stops immediately.
I assume that there still is some misunderstanding - at least from my side.

When I first got the iPad, I put seventeen photos on it, all of my great granddaughter. I was then able to tap the Photo icon, and it would take me to thumbnails of the photos. I would tap on the first one and it would appear. I would then MANUALLY slide to the next photo in order, by swiping my finger - as in turning pages.

Then I thought I would try Slideshow. So, somehow, I activated Slideshow. Now, when I go to the first photo, I am no longer able to manually move from photo to photo. Now, it's either stare at the first photo forever, or activate Slideshow, in which case, we run through all 17 photos via Slideshow.

I want to go BACK to where I was before I activated Slideshow. I want to TURN SLIDESHOW OFF, (i.e., DEACTIVATE the entire slideshow feature) so that I can, once again, MANUALLY go from photo to photo.

I am unable to figure out how to turn Slideshow off. That's what I need to know how to do.

To put it another way - I don't want to know how to turn Slideshow off in the sense that I want it to stop running once I start it. That, I can do. I want to deactivate the ENTIRE FEATURE.

Last edited:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to go BACK to where I was before I activated Slideshow. I want to TURN SLIDESHOW OFF, (i.e., DEACTIVATE the entire slideshow feature) so that I can, once again, MANUALLY go from photo to photo.

I am unable to figure out how to turn Slideshow off. That's what I need to know how to do.

To put it another way - I don't want to know how to turn Slideshow off in the sense that I want it to stop running once I start it. That, I can do. I want to deactivate the ENTIRE FEATURE.

Now you are totally clear, and it defiantly look like some kind of bug.
When you interrupt a slideshow, you can access a menu, that has no definition of stop or keep a slideshow. just changing the way it runs.

Maybe like in the old PC way, the best thing to do is to shut down the iPAD (HOME+Power) and see if that reset will clear it.

OP
P

pdmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Now you are totally clear, and it defiantly look like some kind of bug.
When you interrupt a slideshow, you can access a menu, that has no definition of stop or keep a slideshow. just changing the way it runs.

Maybe like in the old PC way, the best thing to do is to shut down the iPAD (HOME+Power) and see if that reset will clear it.

I did a soft reboot (Home+Power). I also Reset all of the settings in Settings. Neither helped.

I cannot BELIEVE that I can't deactivate slideshow. As I mentioned, when I first got the iPad, slideshow was not in effect. I activated it. You can't tell me that I can't deactivate it now. What is it - some kind of monster that once you create it, you cannot get rid of it? :D

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wow !!

Maybe you can use the weak point of the Photo Application into some kind of advantage.
The only iPAD way of moving photos to iPAD is through Syncing. (Unlike ePUB songs and PDF)
So maybe if you add another folder, and/or get rid of the current one, it may get the application to forget the slideshow.

and...

Did have you tried to get into Setting and change the parameters over there ?

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you gone into Settings | Photos and made sure the Repeat and Shuffle options are turned off?

OP
P

pdmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved. You'll never guess.

Tap on Photos. A photo will appear on the screen. Because Slideshow has been activated, the word "Slideshow" will appear in the upper, right hanbd portion of the screen. As long as that word is there, you will not be able to move photos manually because you are "in" Slideshow mode (it just isn't running).

To start SS, tap the word "Slideshow" and hit "Start Slideshow" in the dropdown menu. To get OUT of Slideshow mode, just tap the photo. When you do that, "Slideshow" will disappear from the upper right hand portion of the screen and, guess what - you can now move your photos manually.

So it isn't so much a matter of "deactivating" Slideshow as it is a matter of simply moving out of Slideshow mode.

If, in Slideshow mode, you attempt to move a photo, it SHOULD jump OUT of Slideshow mode the second you tap on (or touch) the photo. For some reason, my iPad was not doing that. Now it is. Don't ask me why.

Did we all learn something here? I know I did. Thanks for all your time and help.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts