What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you delete pictures.

RetPFDLieut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know how to delete pictures that I took with the ipad, however I copied pictures onto my ipad from those i had on my pc. Seems you can't delete any of these like the ones you took with the ipad itself. Anyone know an easy way to take these pictures off the ipad. I'm a computer and ipad novice so hopefully any suggestions won't be too complicated. Thanks. BTW if there's already a thread for this if someone would be so kind to direct me to it it would be appreciated.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just as you synced the photos to the iPad (via iTunes) you need to unsync the photos by deselecting them in iTunes.

OP
R

RetPFDLieut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think I synced them using I tunes. I just copied them from my "picture"s on my computer directly onto my ipad. I found a way to do that without using itunes. I just dragged the album onto the ipad in my "computer" and I was able to copy them. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say. BTW,,how do you unsync something?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
RetPFDLieut said:
I don't think I synced them using I tunes. I just copied them from my "picture"s on my computer directly onto my ipad. I found a way to do that without using itunes. I just dragged the album onto the ipad in my "computer" and I was able to copy them. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say. BTW,,how do you unsync something?

By I unchecking the folder in the Photos tab whilst connected to iTunes. But if you got them on their by other means, then that method will not work.

OP
R

RetPFDLieut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just as a matter of information for anyone reading this,,I posted this reply on another thread here about the same subject.

OK,,took the chance I wouldn't screw anything up and unsynced the pictures I didn't want,,,actually only had to do it two times to get it correctly because if I didn't check off every album file I wanted to retain it also removed that file,,end result I did it, but shouldn't have to have access to a computer to simply remove a picture IMHO.

OP
R

RetPFDLieut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Charlie I hope someone with a whole lotta more knowledge than me could help ya,,I'm really a novice with everything related to computers and iPads,,,lol,,but I'm sure there's someone here will step up to the plate for you.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
RetPFDLieut said:
Just as a matter of information for anyone reading this,,I posted this reply on another thread here about the same subject.

OK,,took the chance I wouldn't screw anything up and unsynced the pictures I didn't want,,,actually only had to do it two times to get it correctly because if I didn't check off every album file I wanted to retain it also removed that file,,end result I did it, but shouldn't have to have access to a computer to simply remove a picture IMHO.

Synced pictures from iTunes on your PC works the same way as syncing music. In the same way you cannot delete music from your stock music app, you cannot delete synced folders/albums in photos app.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Synced pictures from iTunes on your PC works the same way as syncing music. In the same way you cannot delete music from your stock music app, you cannot delete synced folders/albums in photos app.

Except you can delete music in the music app by swiping it sideways then deleting it :)

D

Deleted member 247820

High Charlie D.
Remember the iPad's not designed to be a PC.
If want to be safe with your photos and movies. Do all your editing on the PC or Mac.
When happy with the result park some copies on the iPad just for your personal viewing.
If I am on holidays somewhere I will transfer to the iPad,thus keeping them safe if I lose the camera.
Then back home I will use Windows explorer to copy to the PC for editing.
I think the whole syncing thing is a pain in the $$$$.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

RetPFDLieut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
>Alee,,,for photos you synced onto your iPad you can not remove them that way. There is no delete button.

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Charlie D.

Loading photos onto the Camera Roll via the camera kit does not degrade photo resolution.

I don't see why you cannot get a photo edit app to do what you want.
Personally I just prefer to do it on a PC, so I cannot recommend a suitable app.
I'm sure someone will however.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm this is a really interesting question. I thought you could delete anything off your iPad the same way you remove an app.

Most reactions

Latest posts