What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures from PC to iPad

Zmanga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I copy pictures from my PC to my iPad?
Does the iPad have a port that I can connect to my PC and just access the iPad like it is another drive?
I know I can connect my Kindle to my PC that way.

I'm confused on how to get my pictures from my PC to the iPad. Being able to view the pictures on the iPad is one of the main reasons that I want an iPad but it looks like they don't make it too easy.

Thanks for any advice on how to do it or what app I need to get to do it.

In the meantime, I'm going to do some searching in here.

Charlesduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zmanga said:
How do I copy pictures from my PC to my iPad?
Does the iPad have a port that I can connect to my PC and just access the iPad like it is another drive?
I know I can connect my Kindle to my PC that way.

I'm confused on how to get my pictures from my PC to the iPad. Being able to view the pictures on the iPad is one of the main reasons that I want an iPad but it looks like they don't make it too easy.

Thanks for any advice on how to do it or what app I need to get to do it.

In the meantime, I'm going to do some searching in here.

You can dump them into iTunes and sync or you can get the USB and memory card assorted for the iPad or just dump them on box.net and grab them from the same
-charles

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Open iTunes on your PC. Connect iPad by USB cable to the PC that iTunes is open on. Once the iPad is identified, click on it in the left pane. In the right pane you will see an icon for photos. Click on it. From there you want to chose the option to select a folder and navigate to the folder that contains your photos and select the ones you want to be on the iPad. Then sync or chose the "Apply" button in the lower right corner.

Tip: in order to organize the photos, place them in subfolders inside the folder that you chose for your photos. iTunes will use the same folders on e iPad but the labels will not be the same. They will be similar though. Once they are non the iPad you won't be able to change the organization.

Nate

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zmanga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
.......Once they are on the iPad you won't be able to change the organization.

Nate - thanks for the reply and the tip. Your comment above made me think of another question though. Lets say i've successfullly put some pics on my iPad, then later want to delete some of them. Can I delete some of them directly from the iPad?
In other words, I want to put some pics on the iPad and after showing them to some friends/family, I'll want to delete some and put some newer ones on.

THANKS a lot for your help.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Zmanga said:
Nate - thanks for the reply and the tip. Your comment above made me think of another question though. Lets say i've successfullly put some pics on my iPad, then later want to delete some of them. Can I delete some of them directly from the iPad?
In other words, I want to put some pics on the iPad and after showing them to some friends/family, I'll want to delete some and put some newer ones on.

THANKS a lot for your help.

You cannot delete photos directly on the Ipad that you have added through a sync in Itunes.

OP
Z

Zmanga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot delete photos directly on the Ipad that you have added through a sync in Itunes.

Thanks for the clarification.
Would this sequence of steps delete them from the iPad?
1) go back to the folder on my PC where I synched from
2) delete the ones there that I want deleted from iPad
3) synch again

Of course, before I delete from my PC, make sure I have the photo backed up. I would, because on my PC to begin with, i'm just going to COPY the photos into an iPad Photo folder. All the pics there would still be in their original location on my PC (in case I screw up).

Finally, when doing a SYNCH, is it correct that it will only delete photos from the iPad to 'mirror' the PC- is that correct? It wouldn't delete photos from my PC would it?

If I get this part right, then I think i'll be good to go.

Thanks for all y'alls help!

Smooth65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photo sync in the app store is a wonderful new program that you can use to transfer pictures. Works great for me. Check it out!

fva432010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try photomgr pro. You can transfer pics wireless from your pc to the iPad, arrange in folders and delete at any moment on the iPad.

Grambo666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A related question: when I today tried to send a jpeg photo from IPAD email to IPAD photo album, I got a JPEG icon symbol but no photo. Worse yet, I cannot open or even delete that icon. What to do?

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Grambo666 said:
A related question: when I today tried to send a jpeg photo from IPAD email to IPAD photo album, I got a JPEG icon symbol but no photo. Worse yet, I cannot open or even delete that icon. What to do?

Did you put your finger (and hold) on the jpeg photo in the email and then get a dialog box of "save to photos" or something like that? Are you saying you got only a picture of a jpeg icon in the saved album of your Photo app? Hopefully you hwven't deleted that email. I would reset the Ipad and try again. (Hold the sleep button on too until you get the slider. Let the Ipad shut down completely, then hold the same button down again until you get the Apple logo and let the Ipad reboot).

Grambo666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but resetting my IPAD didn't help. None of my photos sent from my email to my IPAD showed up in my IPAD photo album, except in a box saying "JPEG." I connected my IPAD TO ITUNES and there could at delete these worthless images from my IPAD. Anyone else have this problem?

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I understand the issue. These are jpegs sent to you that you want to save to your Ipad photo app? Can you actually see the photo in your email from someone that has sent them to you? It sounds to me like when someone sends a photo but all that appears in the email is a jpeg icon. If One would try to oprn or save It would only be saving the image of the jpeg, not the photo. I have a friend this has happened to and it seems the photo is being sent in an email that isn't able to be transmitted correctly.

Grambo666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Diane B said:
So I understand the issue. These are jpegs sent to you that you want to save to your Ipad photo app? Can you actually see the photo in your email from someone that has sent them to you? It sounds to me like when someone sends a photo but all that appears in the email is a jpeg icon. If One would try to oprn or save It would only be saving the image of the jpeg, not the photo. I have a friend this has happened to and it seems the photo is being sent in an email that isn't able to be transmitted correctly.

I receive actual photos attached to email. I try to save them to my IPAD photo app. I the past, it worked fine, and I have hundreds of great photos. Now, I get the word "JPEG" without an actual photo. What's going on?

Grambo

gazrich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
help

Open iTunes on your PC. Connect iPad by USB cable to the PC that iTunes is open on. Once the iPad is identified, click on it in the left pane. In the right pane you will see an icon for photos. Click on it. From there you want to chose the option to select a folder and navigate to the folder that contains your photos and select the ones you want to be on the iPad. Then sync or chose the "Apply" button in the lower right corner.E]

when i do this it tells me i am going to delete apps do i want to go ahead, when i say no i then cant sync photos , can you tell me what im doing wrong please, also i bought the adaptor and it doesnt seem to read it do i need an app, many thanks, di

Most reactions

Latest posts