What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i stop ipad syncing apps

smally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I'm looking for info on how to stop my ipad syncing so much to my computer.

I don't sync it often. But i recently tried to sync so i could put more music onto my ipad.

However even though i have unticked the sync apps, its still trying to put them all on my computer. Right now there's 22gb of apps on my ipad and now over 15gb of apps on my computer, i don't want or need it there; and because of this i now have 2mb left of free space on my computer.

Can anyone help?

OP
S

smally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And now for some reason it has deleted most of my apps without telling me. And the capacity bar is telling me i have 20gb in "other"

And just this second dropped down to 9gb even though i am not currently syncing. Wtf is going on?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
apps will always be loaded from the iPad onto the computer, this is simply for backup reasons and is a good idea since apps can be pulled from the app store at any time leaving you without the ability to download them.

If you remove an app from both the PC and iPad it will stay off of both of them.
By telling iTunes not to sync apps or to sync only selected apps, iTunes will remove all apps from the iPad and load only the ones on the computer you have chosen to sync.

The space being use that shows as "Other" are files within your apps. some apps will download or generate files, these files take up space. For example the Navigon app is a small download of only a few MB, yet when you run it the app will download about 2GB of map data.

Most reactions

Latest posts