What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i connect my new ipod nano to my ipad 4 via bluetooth

deanwe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the new iPod nano with touch screen and iPad 4 when I put Bluetooth on they don't discover each other?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why should they? Nano doesn't sync to an iPad, so they have nothing to say to each other.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the new iPod nano with touch screen and iPad 4 when I put Bluetooth on they don't discover each other?

Why would you want to do this anyway?
As mentioned I don't think it was ever meant to talk to each other.

talon90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In order for bluetooth communications to work, both devices need to have the appropriate "protocols" installed meaning that the types of communications possible have to be pre-arranged by the developer and hardware manufacturers. As far as I have seen, there is no such protocol established between the iPod nano and the iPad. This basically means that they aren't looking for each other and as such, won't see each other.

The benefit of Bluetooth is in wireless communication and exchange of data. Bluetooth headsets for communication and audio reproduction, Bluetooth speakers for audio playback, Bluetooth data connections for phone to iPad wireless tethering and data exchange. There isn't anything for the nano to do or offer to the iPad.

What are you hoping to accomplish?

OP
D

deanwe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
deanwe said:

Thank you all sorry new to the world of apple off blackberry

ANA MARIA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI, I want to Bluetooth my nano to iPad to send some musics from iPad to nano.
The reason: I can't access iTunes right now because I don't have my pc to sync my New nano.
Is it possible? TKS for your help.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
HI, I want to Bluetooth my nano to iPad to send some musics from iPad to nano.
The reason: I can't access iTunes right now because I don't have my pc to sync my New nano.
Is it possible? TKS for your help.

I'm sorry, but it's not possible. You can't transfer data directly between devices. You would have to transfer from the nano to iTunes, then from iTunes to the iPad. You'll have to wait until you have access to your PC.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts