What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i activate the 4g function of the new ipad 3 or is it automatic .

denerih3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[I cannot find anywhere in the settings that deals with the issue of 4G LTE in my new iPad 3

Last edited:

samd724

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, did you buy the iPad with both WiFi and 4g capability? If so open your settings from the IPad home screen then click on the cellular data tab inside the setting menu. This tab allows you to toggle your 4g connection on/off and view account info.

OP
D

denerih3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have checked as you advised but all I could see is ....Cellular data on/off,...Data roaming on/off...Apn settings....Sim pin....Sim application. That's all. The pack/case of my iPad reads MD368B/A iPad wi-fi + 4G 64GB Black. Bought online from apple store uk. and delivered on the 16th of march 2012.

samd724

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turn cellular data on. You may be prompted to choose a data plan. After that is complete there is a toggle switch that allows you to turn LTE on/off. If you turn LTE off you will run on 3G. If LTE is switched on you will run on 4g if it is available in your area. Hope this helps.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4G is not available in UK right now, but the iPad will work on 3G there. Unless you specified carriers, I expect you will have to choose one and get a SIM card from them.

OP
D

denerih3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In uk. where 4G is not available, do you still see the 4G toggle button in the settings ? Of your iPad 3. In Nigeria there is no 4G but I expect to see the toggle button for 4G on/off to choose from the service becomes available. My network is planning an upgrade soon.

Most reactions

Latest posts