What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can you mirror your ipad and iphone without apple tv?

krisjoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app that connects your iPad to your iPhone without apple tv?? I am trying to use my iPhone as a remote to my iPad for functionality purposes

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. You can't do that on stock devices. Also worth noting that mirroring is not the same as having remote control, which seems to be what you are after.

It is possible to control an iPad via VNC if you jailbreak and install the free package such as Veency from Cydia (the jailbreak app store). You could then, in theory, use any of the VNC client apps available from the app store to remote control the iPad from the iPhone provided they are both visible on the same network. Not sure it would be useful for much functionality wise though! :D

Head over the the Hacking Section if you are interested in finding out about jailbreaking.

OP
K

krisjoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much, this was helpful. I believe that i am looking to use my iPhone as a mouse/trackpad. Should I still jailbreak it??

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know of any solutions that will allow you to use your iPhone as a trackpad to control an iPad remotely (there are many apps which allow you to control a PC).
VNC as described above is akin to Remote Desktop.

keithhe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app that connects your iPad to your iPhone without apple tv?? I am trying to use my iPhone as a remote to my iPad for functionality purposes
Yes, you can do this, given your wish to remotely control the ipad. Get TeamViewer from the app store (free). You can get this for any of your devices, to include any PCs. You can set up a master account which will show all your devices with a master password to connect between any of them for full remote control, either direction, file transfers, even VOIP. Works well and have used this for many, many years.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you can do this, given your wish to remotely control the ipad. Get TeamViewer from the app store (free). You can get this for any of your devices, to include any PCs. You can set up a master account which will show all your devices with a master password to connect between any of them for full remote control, either direction, file transfers, even VOIP. Works well and have used this for many, many years.
Team Viewer will allow you to access your computer and remotely control it from your iPad. It does not work in reverse to allow you to control an iPad remotely.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts