What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Can I Return an App?

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was scrolling through a list of apps in the app store yesterday on my IPad. I must have pressed too hard because in an instant an app was installed and I was charged $4.99. I wasn't asked to log in or approve the purchase - it was just there on my IPad. I sent an email to Apple but it's 24 hours and I haven't heard back from them.

I deleted my credit card info to protect myself in the future but I want a refund!

bastones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll need to contact Apple or iTunes Customer Services or something. Because you have done this I'd wait a few more days as they should respond. Otherwise try contacting Apple via iTunes to request a refund.

OP
J

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just one tap and then I was out of the app store and it was installing. And I wasn't even intending to tap - I was intending to swipe!

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you are saying that you accidently tapped buy, then install? And they never asked for you password, just billed you?

If you are logged in within I think 15 minutes it wont ask you for a password.

OP
J

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That could be what happened as I was downloading free versions of note apps to compare. This was within 15 minutes of the previous download.

I'm glad I waited for a response from Apple. I was just informed that I would receive refunds for this app as well as one I "purchased" a while ago under the same circumstances.

OP
J

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So it seems as if according to Apple once you log in then they don't have to ask to approve purchases for 15 minutes. After some correspondence with the person who approved the refunds I took 3 steps:

(1). I reset warnings in the ITunes store. This is supposed to prevent unauthorized purchases by preventing "inadvertent" purchases as happened to me. I did this even though I never knowingly changed the warning from the default. It's easier than corresponding with Apple Customer Support.

(2). I had asked how to prevent inadvertent in-app purchases. This is set on each device under General Settings. Maybe this explains why free children's games like Talking Tom are at the top of the list for in-app purchases.

(3). I delete my credit card information after every purchase.

HTMLEgg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
htmlegg.aidaluu.com
Happened to me once too, ended up buying something that was designed for a pilot to use while flying. Must have tapped on it by accident.

It was too long ago to get a refund, oh well~

Maybe someday I will get my pilot license so I can make use of the App. :)

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes is worst. You buy an app with high expectations then it turns out that the darn thing is so-so. Not bad not good either. What can you do? Specially if is € .79 ($ .99). Is not worth the trouble to return it...

My ego says: U failed again! :eek: At least some others buyers do it accidentally or by mistake.

MaciHolophone (that one goes next in my list of € .79 indulgences) :D

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HTMLEgg said:
Happened to me once too, ended up buying something that was designed for a pilot to use while flying. Must have tapped on it by accident.

It was too long ago to get a refund, oh well~

Maybe someday I will get my pilot license so I can make use of the App. :)

Thats positive thinking :)

X0047

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the stock spy app on my ipad2 thinking it it was 4.99$ but it turns out 19.99$ I called the author Calvin and he told me that there is a way to refund since 4.99$ is only for iPhone .
How to do it?

Thanks

sagarinorodhel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
X0047 said:
I purchased the stock spy app on my ipad2 thinking it it was 4.99$ but it turns out 19.99$ I called the author Calvin and he told me that there is a way to refund since 4.99$ is only for iPhone .
How to do it?

Thanks

Omg! Its expensive

Most reactions

Latest posts