What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Can I Return an App?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the stock spy app on my ipad2 thinking it it was 4.99$ but it turns out 19.99$ I called the author Calvin and he told me that there is a way to refund since 4.99$ is only for iPhone .
How to do it?

Thanks
Apple's policy is that all app sales are final. However if you have a reasonable argument (and you haven't abused the system) they will often allow an exception and issue a refund.

Go to the iTunes store and log into your account. Under "Purchase History" click on "See all". Find the app in question and click on the small arrow to the left of it. On the detail page click on the "Report a Problem" button or if there's no button, click on the "Report a Problem" link which is listed next to the price. A new page with a text box will open and you can make your case. Apple will reply with their decision within a few days.

In the future make sure which device the app will work on before buying it. Apps are listed separately for iPhone or iPad. If it will work on both it's listed as "Universal".

Hope that helps and best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

X0047

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Rich, yeah your right I saw the video on YouTube regarding the refund process, I did it hope they will refund me, I did however mentioned my reason and that the author himself told me to do so.

Thanks

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the stock spy app on my ipad2 thinking it it was 4.99$ but it turns out 19.99$ I called the author Calvin and he told me that there is a way to refund since 4.99$ is only for iPhone .
How to do it?

Thanks
Apple's policy is that all app sales are final. However if you have a reasonable argument (and you haven't abused the system) they will often allow an exception and issue a refund.

Go to the iTunes store and log into your account. Under "Purchase History" click on "See all". Find the app in question and click on the small arrow to the left of it. On the detail page click on the "Report a Problem" button or if there's no button, click on the "Report a Problem" link which is listed next to the price. A new page with a text box will open and you can make your case. Apple will reply with their decision within a few days.

In the future make sure which device the app will work on before buying it. Apps are listed separately for iPhone or iPad. If it will work on both it's listed as "Universal".

Hope that helps and best of luck!
which in fact is illegal by consumer standards and practices , im surprised apple did not get a fine from congress over this "no refund, no support customer policy"

Some countries got tough with apple demanding a 5 day ratio to refund or forget the 10 million users but apple insists to continue the abuse on the USA since everyone in the US lives of crdit which is about to impload, eventually law makers catch up with them and share the wealth., as usual., then patent a new law against digital marketing abuses and apple has tons ranging from online cyber staff propaganda supporters (indirectly employed ) to others who get freebies for defending their game., the location data tracking was nothing, we are engaging in a information war at the moment with several countries,

For example the patenting of Samsung products with apples logo is a bully lawsuite, sure samsungs iphones and ipads look alike, just like the SONY displays on our imacs, and for samsung its normal that tablets gradually got thinner, but apple just patent the next supply in the USA (getting US government back up internationally) but got the parts from samsung, you see how provocative of wars the US can be now, if you ever go to japan you can see newer thinner products then the ipad today but they never make the mainstream US market, once a US or EU company patents something the goverment starts backing up the products using any means, to protect their own interests, i do think samsung crossed the line but it should give you an idea of how wars start with the USA, based on economical interests, from iran to lybia none of them where humanitarian, dont forget the war on US civilians atm, police dont protect the public any more but treat them like criminals in the US, even Israelis dot treat arabs in israel like that.

This is called capitalism (not a democracy) my friendly ipad users., big fish eats the little fish regardless of right or wrong, same with coca cola, the lawsuite over david bowies name etc

the policy should be that with out developers providing demos NONE of their apps should come near the story, not that Apple themselves get to play with the demos and decide if they like to put it on the store which is backwards

i think that's fair in the consumer regulations are don't you, other wise sony, samsung, etc etc will sell products too with no refund policies.

Last edited by a moderator:

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a refund from apple for a flash video viewer that did not work. Turns out all the comments were from the creator and friends to make the app look better.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
snowboarder8985 said:
I got a refund from apple for a flash video viewer that did not work. Turns out all the comments were from the creator and friends to make the app look better.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

I just got a refund of 108 dollars for a unauthorized purchase I had no idea about, at least according to a email from apple, boy we re heading for some exciting crazy times, hope people get by with the mess out there

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hotstuff said:
I just got a refund of 108 dollars for a unauthorized purchase I had no idea about, at least according to a email from apple, boy we re heading for some exciting crazy times, hope people get by with the mess out there

I also saw a charge of that same amount on my Amex card and wrote to support. Nobody responded but the amount was refunded to my account 2 days later! What is up with that?

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NYHorsewoman said:
I also saw a charge of that same amount on my Amex card and wrote to support. Nobody responded but the amount was refunded to my account 2 days later! What is up with that?

Actually apple has nerve, they wrote that this was not normal practice policy saying that they usually do not refund but this is a acceptation, I was like what the hell is this all in the first place, some one charged my card then tells me they are returning the money but it's a favor this one time only, get out, I'm going to remove all my login details from the iTunes app itself and iPad now, crazy

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a feeling this was a much bigger glitch and just not enough people are writing about it here. how would I have the exact same overcharge amount as someone else on this forum unless it was a system wide glitch, pretty appalling that they wouldn't even acknowledge my email however. But for the record I had two apps with problems a few weeks back and had no problem getting a refund.

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
That sounds pretty strange.

I have returned apps on two occassions--didn't work as described. One was $15 and the other $1.99. Both times I had polite responses, full refunds and credits for music in the future.

Most reactions

Latest posts