What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can i recover my facebook icon on my ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcarraher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I lost my facebook icon but the app is still installed, I would like to recover the icon

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try rebooting the iPad. Turn the iPad off. Now hold down the Power and Home buttons until the white Apple logo appears - it takes about 6-9 seconds. The iPad will reboot. See if that fixes the problem. If it doesn't, get back to us and we'll make some more suggestions.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - another thing to check. What restrictions have you got set?

Go to 'Settings', 'General', 'Restrictions'. Do you have any age or other restrictions set. If so, then - if Facebook is impacted - the icon won't appear on the Home screen at all.

Try removing all restrictions - at least as a temporary measure - to see if that's the problem.

Tim

OP
R

rcarraher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still not working. There are no restrictions on. It shows facebook in the settings app just no icon.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
rcarraher said:
Still not working. There are no restrictions on. It shows facebook in the settings app just no icon.

Have you by chance filled up all you home screens with icons? The iPad can only display so many pages. You can get some of that back by creating folders for less used apps, or to organize. Tap and hold an app untill they all start to jiggle, then drag one app on top of another.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
rcarraher said:
I only have about 30 apps.

Ok. Have you tried going to the App Store and see if it will let you try downloading it again.

It's a long shot, but otherwise you're starting to get into restore territory.

OP
R

rcarraher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It won't let me download, it is already installed, how can I uninstall it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know of any way to uninstall an app that you can't find the icon for. You've done everything I can think of short of a restore.

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why not see if it's checked via iTunes after you sync. It will be listed under your apps tab. If it is, uncheck, sync again. Restart/reboot iPad, resync, recheck, then resync again. Or if it's not checked, check it and resync. That worked for me one time when I had a problem child program.

OP
R

rcarraher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks , my computer has iTunes but a different music library than my iPad , I will not lose my music if I sync with this will I?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks , my computer has iTunes but a different music library than my iPad , I will not lose my music if I sync with this will I?

I don't know enough to give you a good answer. In general, yes, iTunes will probably warn you that it is going to remove the music. If you say yes then your music will be removed from the iPad.

To give you advice on how to work around this I need to know how you got the music on the iPad, by purchasing directly from the iTunes Store and/or syncing iTunes music from another computer, and whether there is any music that was added to that computer's iTunes by ripping CD's or other non-iTunes purchasing methods.

I also need to know if the machine you intend to use is authorized for you iTunes account, or is associated with someone else's iTunes account.

Then there is the possibility of setting up iTunes so that it handles everything manually. You'd need someone else to talk you through that. I've never done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts