What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I delete messages that I have received and sent on Face Book please?

Chenazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
staticmap

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Looks like all you can do in the official app is archive the conversation. After you've selected messages and the friend, you tap the action icon at the top right (box with arrow coming out of it). I have no idea where this archive is stored or how you would access it again, but it does remove from your view all the messages from that friend.

You can use Safari to log into FaceBook. There you can chose Messages from the left column, choose the friend you were conversing with, and then choose Delete from the Action menu at the top. You can delete all, or selected messages.

paddy81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Looks like all you can do in the official app is archive the conversation. After you've selected messages and the friend, you tap the action icon at the top right (box with arrow coming out of it). I have no idea where this archive is stored or how you would access it again, but it does remove from your view all the messages from that friend.

You can use Safari to log into FaceBook. There you can chose Messages from the left column, choose the friend you were conversing with, and then choose Delete from the Action menu at the top. You can delete all, or selected messages.

Anybody know how to share posts on Facebook ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Anybody know how to share posts on Facebook ?

You can only share links.

Tap on the link in your friend's post, so that you go to the page in FaceBook's built in browser. In the top right corner you'll see the action icon (box with an arrow coming out of it). Tap on this and you will see the Share option.

paddy81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You can only share links.

Tap on the link in your friend's post, so that you go to the page in FaceBook's built in browser. In the top right corner you'll see the action icon (box with an arrow coming out of it). Tap on this and you will see the Share option.

Thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I notice if you swipe right to left on a message, and will bring up a delete button

As near as I can tell, that only works with wall posts, your own wall posts. The messages that you send privately to your friends are different.

Only your wall can be swiped clean. (sorry, couldn't resist)

OP
C

Chenazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
As near as I can tell, that only works with wall posts, your own wall posts. The messages that you send privately to your friends are different.

Only your wall can be swiped clean. (sorry, couldn't resist)

Thank you so much it has done the trick

Most reactions

Latest posts