What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How backed up are ipads?

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to order a new iPad 32 gb Verizon (white). White is key. I will not settle for black. Walmart.com was sold out and got some but my bank transfer was too slow and I missed my chance. Apples ship dates are 5-7 and I expect that to remain steady as graduations and mothers day are coming up. Verizon's reps didn't know they were on back order but it's site did. I'm on their pre order list. Bout to get on macmalls. At this point, it will be the end of may, so I may as well save $50.

Any other new buyers, experiencing delay.

(of course apple stores have 100s but I'm 100 miles south of one and 180 north of the other but my mom won't pick it up and mail it to me. She wants to play with it and bring it for graduation. I'm not okay with that.)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can order through the Ole Miss Apple store and maybe save a few dollars. I am sure that there is a Verizon store in town. and there are more than one Wal-Mart store that you can check out. I checked and Southaven shows the 16GB wifi model in stock (white). Senatobia has the 64 Gb wifi+4G (white) in stock.

Last edited:
OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
No delay whatsoever. They are in stock at Apple.com as well. No back order at all.

When I get ready to check out, it says 5-7 days to ship and will arrive on May 14

AdmiralAdama said:
Wow did I get fooled. I thought this thread was about a cool new plumbing app.

HK I sense an opportunity here. 100 miles is a couple of hours tops. Sounds like a weekend get-a-way and, you get your iPad.

Just sayin.

AA

I would so do that but I don't have a car.

Seadog said:
You can order through the Ole Miss Apple store and maybe save a few dollars. I am sure that there is a Verizon store in town. and there are more than one Wal-Mart store that you can check out. I checked and Southaven shows the 16GB wifi model in stock (white). Senatobia has the 64 Gb wifi+4G (white) in stock.

Explain Ole Miss Apple store. When I type in zip code on apple.com to get to our education store there is no discount for iPad. It's only for Mbp or iMac and Mac pro. I am trying to get the best deal.

I want the white 32gb Verizon. I have no need to 64. I had that in iPad 2 and was never able to fill it. Purchased a satellite with 500gb for my movies and shows.

yosepithan said:
I bought mine from Amazon and there was no delay

How much did you pay from amazon. I had gift cards and I thought that would be the way to go but the cheapest one I could find was 800 plus s/h. It only costs my 780 with MS tax. Rip off!!!

Verizon is backordered. As is macmall. I'm on both waiting lists.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The savings can be just on shipping and sales tax, depending on the school.

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shipping is free and we don't get a tax exemption. Thanks though. I'm just gone wait on macmall I guess. 729.

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plus getting a $100 restaurant.com gift card to give to my mom for mothers day. Yippee. I'm gonna make her a card like old school. Yaya.

Most reactions

Latest posts