What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House of Glass....Help!

kwarrrrr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So now I've gone through the chapel, and even found the hidden upstairs room. I seem to have done all the puzzles, but I don't have enough tiles to do the Roman numeral puzzle, nor enough pieces to complete the painting. This is my second attampt at this game, and the same place I got stuck last time. I must have missed something.....what? Someone please help a nice grandmother out of this mess!

Try going back to the main room, and checking every view in each room before going on to the next one.

As for the Chapel, when you solved all of the puzzles there, did you pick up the metal scrapings from the stained glass windows? These pieces, along with solving the baptismal font a second time will give you an item that you can use on the Saturn Mosaic, giving you the tile 'V'.

This information, after reading the second page, may be a bit old. I apologize for not venturing back here. :p

Last edited:

Bajoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So stuck and so lost!

Ok so I figured out how to type. So I have been playing this game for 4 days now and it's driving me crazy. I have managed to get as far as I have and am now in the observatory. I can't do the roman numeral puzzle yet or finish the painting. I cannot do the telescope either. I can't get up the stairs. I went back to the chapel and clicked on the stain glass and it said I unlocked something but can't find it! I have clicked all over every scene and cannot figure out what to do next. I don't care how lame the ending is, I just want to finish! Please someone help me out!:confused:

Wildcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bajoo said:
Ok so I figured out how to type. So I have been playing this game for 4 days now and it's driving me crazy. I have managed to get as far as I have and am now in the observatory. I can't do the roman numeral puzzle yet or finish the painting. I cannot do the telescope either. I can't get up the stairs. I went back to the chapel and clicked on the stain glass and it said I unlocked something but can't find it! I have clicked all over every scene and cannot figure out what to do next. I don't care how lame the ending is, I just want to finish! Please someone help me out!:confused:

I'm not quite sure where you are, but if you have the vase in your inventory that you previously filled with water, then go down to the cellar and fill it with vinegar. Then go back up to the hidden rooms and use it there. That will unlock the computer and take you to the next step. Hop that helps.

Bajoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still lost

I've done the vinegar thing. I see the computer but am just stuck now. I've searched everywhere for some clue as to what to do and nothing. I can't make the telescope thing move to match computer.

Wildcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bajoo said:
I've done the vinegar thing. I see the computer but am just stuck now. I've searched everywhere for some clue as to what to do and nothing. I can't make the telescope thing move to match computer.

The coordinates that come up on the computer have to be entered into the telescope. Move the rings around to match both sets of numbers. Once you do that, it should tell you you've unlocked a new thing. Nothing changes in the observatory but you will find a swirl on the floor in one of the other rooms. if you can't match the computer numbers to the telescope dial, you may have a problem with the game itself.

Bajoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay.

Ok I finished the game! Thanks so much. It was a lame ending and never did finish the puzzle o well I am done and I feel so much better. Thanks again.

OP
B

bernilynn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I finished the game! Thanks so much. It was a lame ending and never did finish the puzzle o well I am done and I feel so much better. Thanks again.

Oh, then please help me out just once more....for the life of me I can't solve the Roman numeral puzzle. The only logical answer doesn't seem to work. I promise I won't ask about this stupid game again, but I need to finish it and move on! Please?:confused:

Wildcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bernilynn said:
Oh, then please help me out just once more....for the life of me I can't solve the Roman numeral puzzle. The only logical answer doesn't seem to work. I promise I won't ask about this stupid game again, but I need to finish it and move on! Please?:confused:

Ok, so you might first convert the roman numerals to Arabic (it just makes it more familiar and easier) and draw the square on a piece of paper. This is a "magic square.". All horizontal and all vertical columns have to add up to the same number.

Genniebaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem with house of glass, when I get to the double green doors, I work the puzzle then the doors burst open. After I work several small puzzles it goes back to the big puzzle before the doors open. It does this over and over and I can go no farther. Any suggestions??

Wildcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Genniebaze said:
I have a problem with house of glass, when I get to the double green doors, I work the puzzle then the doors burst open. After I work several small puzzles it goes back to the big puzzle before the doors open. It does this over and over and I can go no farther. Any suggestions??

I had a similar problem and had to repeat both sets of tangrams multiple times. I suspect, but am not sure, that it is speed with the solitary tangrams that will get you through it. I don't think it matters which crystals or colors you use, just how fast you can be. I didn't count, but had the impression that when I finally succeeded, I had done more crystals than any time previously.

Getchwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slightly off-topic

Bernilynn-
Your tastes seem to mirror mine. What other games have you found to be worth your time?

On topic, I'm stuck at the very beginning of this game. The help says to look for silhouettes that look odd and I've found some but tapping gets me nowhere. I'm in the library, I think (where there's a face in the wallpaper and the little writing desk). I opened the desk, and the red curtains look suspicious, but I'm now randomly tapping everywhere in frustration. Am I missing something obvious? (Of course, it always _seems_ obvious after I know the answer.)

Thanks for any help you, or anyone else, can give me.

OP
B

bernilynn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the topic of the front doors, there are 4 individual units. I think you have to solve a set of puzzles for each one.

I do love hidden object games with some interaction. I think I've pretty much exhausted the limited number available for the iPad. Some of my favorites were: Salem Witch Trials; Mushroom Age; Fountains of Fate; Crystal Portal; and Drawn, the Painted Tower. I'm currently working on Joan Jade, and hoping a new game comes out before I finish it.

Wildcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bernilynn said:
On the topic of the front doors, there are 4 individual units. I think you have to solve a set of puzzles for each one.

I do love hidden object games with some interaction. I think I've pretty much exhausted the limited number available for the iPad. Some of my favorites were: Salem Witch Trials; Mushroom Age; Fountains of Fate; Crystal Portal; and Drawn, the Painted Tower. I'm currently working on Joan Jade, and hoping a new game comes out before I finish it.

I've played all the games you've listed and then some. I am playing an interesting, sophisticated, different game called Rooms:The Main Building. It is not a hidden object game but a clever set of room shifting puzzles with increasing options and tricks. Occasionally quite frustrating but also satisfying when the solutions are found. It might not interest you all, but is at least worth a look. I think there are YouTube videos to check it out.

Most reactions

Latest posts