Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Cindylou, Jul 21, 2010.
Hi -- how do I synch my Hotmail contacts to my Hotmail account on Ipad?
You mean one time or constant sync? Hotmail does not do constant synching of contacts, but Google does (i.e. if you add/edit/delete a contact in either Gmail, iPhone or iPad, the change propagates to all the other devices that are set up to sync contacts).
I would export using an application on your pc or Mac to google hot mail is a serious problem for scammers not to mention not secure from break in
Gmail is easy to use and also syncs with all ipads, iPhones etc
My clients whom have switched to gmail love it.
How do i export hotmail contacts to ipad?
NONE of these answers in this alleged forum even addressed the question posed by another poster! Is this a real forum or just a place for people to find creative ways to plug gmail??? Let me repeat the question above in case somebody actually knows the answer- HOW can I export contacts from Hotmail to ipad?
First of all, welcome to the forum!
Second of all, here is your answer --
Importing Windows Live Hotmail Contacts to Microsoft Outlook
1) Log into your Windows Live Hotmail account and click the "Contacts" button.
2) Click "Export Contacts" and click "Export Contacts" again. Click "Save" and select a folder to which to save the exported contacts. Select a location such as the desktop to allow you quicker access to the file. Click "Save." The Windows Live Hotmail contacts are exported and saved as a WLMContacts.csv file.
3) Import the Windows Live Hotmail contacts to Microsoft Outlook. To do so, launch Microsoft Outlook and click the "File" button. Click "Import and Export."
4) Click "Import from another program or file" and click "Next." Click "Comma separated values (DOS)" and click "Next."
5) Click "Browse" and select the "WLMContacts.csv" file containing the Windows Live Hotmail contacts. Click "OK" to import it to Microsoft Outlook.
6) Choose the option you want to use to process any duplicate contacts already in your Microsoft Outlook address book. Click "Next" and click "Finish."
Synchronizing Microsoft Outlook Contacts to your iPod
1) Connect your iPod to the computer using the supplied USB cable and launch iTunes if it does not launch automatically. iTunes displays your iPod on the left panel under "Devices."
2) Click your iPod and click the "Info" tab. Click the "Sync contacts with/from" check-box. Select "Outlook."
3) Click "All Contacts" if you want to sync all the Microsoft Outlook contacts. Alternatively, click "Selected groups" and select the imported Windows Live Hotmail contacts you want to sync from Microsoft Outlook. Click "Apply." The Windows Live Hotmail contacts you exported to Microsoft Outlook are synchronized to your iPod.
Now putting on Moderaor's cap....
You might want to consider the manner in which you phrase your posts on this forum!
From our rules --
Please take the time to read our rules -- http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html
Hello thanks for the advice I have now managed to export my contacts from hotmail and have saved them on my pc. How do I import my contacts into the contacts file on my iPad 2 please?
This is an old thread and the advice is no longer the best, because you can now setup hotmail as an exchange account on the iPad, which will allow you over the air syncing of your contacts. Search the forum, there are plenty of threads explain how to setup hotmail as exchange on iPad.
EDIT: guide: http://osxdaily.com/2010/08/30/use-hotmail-on-the-iphone/
Hi, just got my first ipad and need to know how to transfer contacts from hotmail into the ipad, but I do not use outlook express as Microsoft want to charge me for it. so some help please. So one previous comment won't help me, but clearly iPadcharlie sounds like you know what you are doing. so any help for me? thanks.
How to activate SIM card in my ipad..how can I retrieve calls into ipad ?
This thread is almost 2 1/2 years old, it's doubtful that you'll get a reply. It would be better to start a new thread for your question.