What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooking up to printer

picayune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a "wireless" Kodak esp3.2 printer. Will my Ipad sync to it? If so what to do? I thought since they were both on line thru my mify hot spot I could print. But no says no AirPrint printers found. Does this mean I need some type of Bluetooth gadget on my printer like my Bluetooth keyboard? man I don't know anything about this stuff but thanks to ya'll I'm learning more everyday. Thanks. Greg

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
picayune said:
I have a "wireless" Kodak esp3.2 printer. Will my Ipad sync to it? If so what to do? I thought since they were both on line thru my mify hot spot I could print. But no says no AirPrint printers found. Does this mean I need some type of Bluetooth gadget on my printer like my Bluetooth keyboard? man I don't know anything about this stuff but thanks to ya'll I'm learning more everyday. Thanks. Greg

You will need an app that will print through your PC or Mac. Something like Printer Pro which lets you use it for free until you are sure it will work with your printer. It's a lot cheaper than buying a new printer. ;)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have a "wireless" Kodak esp3.2 printer. Will my Ipad sync to it? If so what to do? I thought since they were both on line thru my mify hot spot I could print. But no says no AirPrint printers found..............

Hi Greg - just to reinforce the previous post; the printer must have Apple's wireless printing technology, i.e. AirPrint, to print directly from the iPad; as indicated the other option is to mimic AirPrint w/ an app/program. Just to offer another suggestion, I have been using FingerPrint (now in a 2nd version) for nearly 2 yrs w/ success on both my Canon inkject & Brother laser printers. FingerPrint2 is offered by Collobos HERE - this program resides on your computer only; a free trial is available.

Good luck and please post back here to let others know your solution - :)

OP
P

picayune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks ,Rob Roy and giradman. What I,m getting is that I need to download either collobos or print pro on my laptop. Then my computer has to be on to print .Is that correct? I looked at collobos. And figure to try that. but I'm areal newbie and don't know what to do with a program after I get it. I got Dropbox to put stuff in "not pictures" and haven't figured that out yet.you might say I' m lost in the ICloud!! But I'm learning more, just afraid I will mess up my Ipad. Thanks again. Greg

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
picayune said:
Thanks ,Rob Roy and giradman. What I,m getting is that I need to download either collobos or print pro on my laptop. Then my computer has to be on to print .Is that correct? I looked at collobos. And figure to try that. but I'm areal newbie and don't know what to do with a program after I get it. I got Dropbox to put stuff in "not pictures" and haven't figured that out yet.you might say I' m lost in the ICloud!! But I'm learning more, just afraid I will mess up my Ipad. Thanks again. Greg

I don't know much about collobos Greg, but I have Print Pro installed which works fine on my non-AirPrint Lexmark Prestige 702. Have a look here for more information...... http://www.macnewsworld.com/story/74864.html

Also, if you decide to use it, download the .exe file using Safari, it seems that Windows Explorer doesn't work, at least it didn't for me.
Good luck. ;)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi Greg - regarding FingerPrint, the program is installed on your computer; nothing is needed on the iPad - the computer needs to be on and all devices on your Wi-Fi network; when working as described, the iPad should recognize the printers attached to your computer or those on your network. And don't worry about 'messing up' the iPad, it's pretty robust - good luck! Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts