What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printer suggestions...

ohwell8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a laptop and desktop using Windows 7 and I also have the latest iPad. My printer is a Dell AIO 926 and works just fine with both the laptop and desktop but as we all know, not with the iPad. As far as I've been able to find, there is not a driver update that would allow using the iPad on this particular printer. So, to the chase. I'm thinking about a wireless printer that would be accessible to all three units, the two using Windows and the iPad. I do not print on a daily basis and for some items I just email from iPad to desktop and then print.

Any suggestions with pros and cons would be appreciated. I've looked at some of the posts here but could not find an answer. Thanks in advance... W

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the top brands support iPad, here are some that I know of....
Brother
Epson
Canon
HP
Kyocera

2dxtreme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have both hp and brother wireless printers and im hoping to print to them from my ipad when i get it. i can't figure out how to print from my iphone to them yet tho

RealMarine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Kodak All in One printer that is not Air Print enabled but was able to download the Kodak app that allows me to print from my Ipad. It works fine.

chokem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HP 5510 Photosmart Air Printer, about $100 depending on what store you buy it at. Best Buy runs specials on them from time to time for $80, I bought mine at Staples for $99. Have it synced to my 4S, ipad3, and Dell Studio 15 laptop, works like a charm, took only ten minutes to set up for all devices.

carolstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am running window 7 and also have the ipad 3, my wirelss printer is a HP deskjet 3050 andI love it.and every thing works together

2dxtreme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i can't find either one of my printers that are both wireless one is a brother hl-2270dw and the other is a hp c4500 are these compatible with wireless printing from ipad or iphone?

senator151

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Printers

I have an Epson wireless printer that works with desktop and laptop, downloaded the Epson printer app from Apple store on my iphone 4 and the new ipad (3) and it works great on both of them also.

NoNoBadDog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a Netgear router, you can download a program form their website called "Netgear Genie" that turns any networked printer into an AirPrint printer. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using ipf

Ronaldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chokem said:
HP 5510 Photosmart Air Printer, about $100 depending on what store you buy it at. Best Buy runs specials on them from time to time for $80, I bought mine at Staples for $99. Have it synced to my 4S, ipad3, and Dell Studio 15 laptop, works like a charm, took only ten minutes to set up for all devices.

Wal-Mart has the HP 5512 for $89.
Quick& EZ. Works for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts